Boardnamics Precision 220mm Caliber II Hangers

Does anyone know if you’re supposed to use threadlocker on shoulder bolt axles? What type do you use for that? Anyone ever had one come loose while operating the machine?

I’ve been running mine for 250+ miles and no loctite. They simply don’t come loose. Unless you ride on sidewalk, you need loctite for everything

1 Like

I feel like they would get stuck. The shoulder bolt is such a perfect fit and there is not a mm of wiggle room. I personally am not a fan of shoulder bolts because there comes a point in time where they will get stuck either way and would have to remove using heat. Still love my set.

1 Like

The length part of it is great yes, but don’t you think over time the threads get fricked up? Vibrations cause the steel to wear?

Like the truck threads wear and the shoulder bolt is now completely stuck?

I haven’t tried any SR trucks out. I’ve had liquid trucks, precision calibers, bear kodiak. lots of trucks but first time using shoulder bolts. Probably preference because I’ve been riding with regular axles for most of my time

SurfRodz is too busy making gun parts to care about esk8 products. That’s why we have @Boardnamics :smiley:

10 Likes

hmm … wonder if an assault rile barrel would make a good hanger :wink:

2 Likes

Did anyone try out these trucks with 3d serviasas geardrives?

Yes, I use them with 3dservisas nano gears, for e-caliber. To make them fit I had to file like 1-2mm of the hanger and sand the shoulder bolts a bit. You need to install the gear drives motor plate with the shoulder bolts screwed in and unscrew them for installment of the pulley, cover and wheel, otherwise it’s really hard to get the shoulder bolts in.
If you have the torqueboards compatible version of the gears, I think it’s a straight fit, on the initial thread Kugs mentioned that you need to file the torqueboards hanger to fit the e-caliber gear drive.

8 Likes

Sorry If This has been asked, would these support riders 230 to 250 LBS.
I keep breaking hangers , so I think this might finally be what I need.
This last time around I got some bumps , bruises, scrapes, and a pulled muscle.

ty

amazing work

Yes, however as extra precaution, I’d try to screw in the axles as far as they can go without bottoming out. The axles would be the first thing to go, so keeping them on the shorter side of the 44mm-50mm range will help longevity

Unlike other 8mm axles however, shoulder bolts stronger. Most trucks use carbon steel hardened to 40HRC. From experience, china steel can be all over the place, especially for something like a skateboard axle. Shoulder bolts are grade 12.9 steel, alloy steel that is hardened. Stronger than any titanium. The material and strength are kept to an ISO standard as well

5 Likes

sweet ty
Yeah I think as long as I can fit some 110mm wheels or better yet pneumatics , that should allow me to screw them in as far in with out bottoming and have enough clearance.
what so you think?
also
do these kits with the mounts and hangers include the new idler pulley and screw type?
ty
cant wait to order these bad boys

Almost. I am working on getting everything ordered at once. It’s a lot to buy :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Anyone imported these into E.U.? How much tax did you pay ?

1 Like

The cost plus the tax percentage to your country haha.

3 Likes

If it helps I declare half value for all EU orders.

6 Likes

The sample pulleys fit! Tight press fit, mallet required. Not sure if I will loosen it up.

6 Likes

Some of the best pulleys I’ve used are just as tight on certain wheel cores (forward kegel)

And they work great

I’d leave them tight

1 Like

That’s probably the most sexual thing I’ve ever seen Brian type out before, and we’ve cybered.

9 Likes