Boardnamics Precision 220mm Caliber II Hangers

Very early assembly stages.

Wow the all machined parts make such a difference. Even with the assembly, everything just falls into place perfectly. No slop/play, so satisfying

17 Likes

New clamps look great.
Any chance you’ve tested them on cast calibers ?
They look much better. Less bulky.

6 Likes

tenor%20(1)

7 Likes

Well at least someone seems to have gotten the kingpin design in adjustable baseplates right. Well done sir.

4 Likes

Yep. Hardened nickel coated 3/8"-24 press fit inside. It ain’t going nooowhere. It was a pain in the ass to get it right.

4 Likes

I take it you pressed it in from the rear?

(Yes, I know what you creeps are thinking…)

5 Likes

Like this, with a smaller hole to let the air out

2 Likes

I would prefer a normal kingpin bolt with the sides machined down to its OD and pressed in from the rear. That way there are no chances of it ever coming out.
It would increase cost a bit though.

3 Likes

Do you really need to worry about those forces on the kingpin though?

Not that I know, but I would think most of it is side forces.

Cost is king, pin.

sorry didn’t realize it twas you who had just said it was done right
also 420th reply

2 Likes

You think correctly, hence my original post on how he did it right = no threads on the entry point to the baseplate

3 Likes

Brain not processing… Can you do a MS paint of this?

SNAP!

Take my money, when can I order these?

2 Likes

Bonus points for using the word meniscus in a sentence

2 Likes

@Boardnamics
I got my hangar and it looks amazing. The precision on the axle is very satisfying.

One question…whats the best way to remove the end nut after the axle is threaded into the hangar without unscrewing the axle? I’m thinking tape on the axle to prevent damage and pliers…

1 Like

Did you get a different version than what has been sold recently? If not, the axle is a single piece shoulder bolt that you will need to remove from hanger anytime you need to remove wheel

4 Likes

Ok, that makes sense. Lol… thank you

1 Like

Use either a 4mm or 5 mm hex. I forget which one but i think its 5… the yellow one when using wera hex lol

Edit: swing and a miss. It is 4mm

3 Likes

4! :golfing_man:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for this @anon54720240. When you say:

do you mean just to cut the strips the correct size of the magnets or is there another purpose of the paper cutter?