Few extra bits

20 Likes

Apparently eskate Christmas is March 24th :joy:

5 Likes

fixed it for ya :smiley:

10 Likes

April 18-21. I’m pretty nervous :grimacing:

14 Likes

Imagine rolling up to your place carrying a board+electronics sled with a remote.

Sounds like the dream.

3 Likes

more like May the 4th with delivery time.

1 Like

May the gear drive be with you

5 Likes

:eyes: 145mm and 170mm?

tyrone_biggums

6 Likes

I plan on stopping by on those delivery dates and taking those boxes for myself. Then I will be selling bobbynamics gear drives for super cheap !!!

9 Likes

Hope you have been hitting the gym because there’s just over a metric ton of parts this time around

12 Likes

@Bobby time to bring in the CH-53K :crazy_face:

Preview of 2025:

Boardnamics buys their first aluminum mine

21 Likes

Oh it’s finished but on the far side of the pond?

1 Like

Ah, I can’t wait to get my kit and finally finish building my board. Dual M1 Straight Cut Drives, 220mm Hangars, Adjustable Baseplates, 170kv 6384’s, 12S4P Molicel P42A, Stormcore 60D, and on an Evo 40 deck.

Going to be a thane torque machine. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Oh boy. I think I am going to be adding to my current order!

1 Like

With the recent news that @Boardnamics will offer 140kv bh 6384 fs motors, I am reconsidering my build. Do you think it is okay to run the 140kv motor at 16s? I heard that lower kv motors are better for running higher voltage like 16s as opposed to 12s. These motors are made for 13s max right? If it is known that I will be noticably shorting the life of the motor or hurting it then I won’t. I already have a 16s capable bms and esc. I got some advice for my build about this but I feel like you might know more because you’re selling the motor.

"Limiting RPM is easy in vesc tool. Say you have a 170kv motor and don’t want to spin it at more than 50V. ERPM = motor pole pairs * RPM = (motor poles / 2) * kv * voltage = 7 * 170 * 50 = 59500

So just set that in vesc tool for each ESC, and save:

As for voltage spikes, I don’t think motors experience that. And if you have a conservative setting like this, no voltage spike is going to kill your motor anyway.

And if your motors do die (which they eventually will regardless I think), wouldn’t it be great to already have your board set up for 16s so that you have more motor choices to choose from? :smiley: "

1 Like

I see no reason as to why 140kv cannot be run at 16s. If 190kv can do 12s, then 140kv at 16s is actually less erpm. I think Flipsky just tells people to run less voltage to reduce customer damage rates because 16s on a 190kv motor would certainly not be ideal. It would have the tendency to pull too much current

7 Likes

Please do not limit erpm here. You will loose brakes when outside of that erpm window. Leave those set at your hardware default.

Do it instead by limiting duty cycle. Lower “Maximum Duty Cycle” from the default 95% to whatever you want it to be — and then make “Duty Cycle Current Limit Start” 5% lower than whatever you set “Maximum Duty Cycle” to. This will limit your top speed without turning off your brakes.

15 Likes

This is why there needs to be really good instructions baked into the VESC tool somehow…

idk maybe in VESC tool ver 7

3 Likes

What about we compile all the threads and make a tutorial for the betterment of all skate kind. It’s not like its not already here…its just spread out. I’ve been learning in bits and peices but reading noob questions is the best way i think to gather confidence to program a vesc and not start blowing magic smoke.

1 Like