Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

The same, yes. 2.78

2 Likes

Will these have a clamp to be able to go on the upcoming apex trucks?

2 Likes

Loving the M1 on my single 6374 12s street board!

Never ridden an all terrain board, but planning to build one once these AT drives are released. What hubs/tires are you guys planning to run? What options do we have for compatibility with these AT gear drives?

4 Likes

factory:

8 Likes

:eyes: :eyes:

19 Likes

1500 to be exact :cold_sweat:. All finished

Gear drives will ship with 0.5mL of Loctite 643. Enough for several motor shafts

18 Likes

lmao

you said shafts :smirk:

8 Likes

No worries, we will release you from that burden pretty quickly I’m sure :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My next drivetrain after the hoyt el1 is gonna be the M1 GD, should go nicely with the zenit marble

4 Likes

I was unable to google translate this…

1 Like

Are the motors sensored or sensorless? and why

1 Like

Put me down for matrix2

Why would you not want sensored? There is no question in my mind lol

4 Likes

HFI seems to be the reason why people dont want sensored motors. I unfortunately am stuck on BLDC on one of my boards and sensored on the other so havent actually tried FOC-HFI so cant speak to it but several people seem keen on the idea that the HFI removes potential for failures at the sensor level and is just as good albeit requiring a bit more setup to get going.

You can run HFI on a sensored motor no problem

I am not keen to use HFI because the temperature changes can make it wig out. Granted I don’t get my motors very hot but I can’t imagine it comparing to sensor performance quite yet.

Maybe A.S.S. with an additional temp sensor will be good

2 Likes

Well of course :slight_smile: and why would any company/reseller want to stock more than 1 type of any sku if the price is fundamentally pennies in difference. But from a consumer side, why do I want to pay for the sensors, leads and connector when I will be using HFI in lieu of sensored operation.
/shrug

I can see the argument from both sides just cant speak to the real viability of HFI esp if you’re not overbuilding since as you mentioned heat can mess with the induction values.

1 Like

The SurfRodz adapter, was that a one-off run or will it become a staple on the site?

Anyone that says HFI is as easy and smooth as sensored FOC is lying to themselves.

inb4 “you have to set it up correctly”

Yeah no thanks, I rather not spend hours tuning something. Just give me the damn sensors and let me ride.

10 Likes

It only take a few minutes to get rolling. Definitely some work to be done for heavier riders taking off on hills, but 95% works just fine. I went back to unsensored and no HFI because I was convinced that there was a low end power difference.

1 Like

I’ve tried HFI many times. Based on my experience, it’s a solution for broken sensors while you wait for new motors. I’d like to try ASS but as far as I know temp sensors are 99% absolutely useless

6 Likes