Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

This is probably what I will end up doing.
Will running wider trucks in the rear do anything but look weird?
Or should I just get two of 220s?

That’s not a bad idea, I didn’t even think of this.
I’ll see if I can make it work! I am just worried about taking any more material off, as it is already kinda thin.

Not a bad idea at all. I tried putting my gear drive in the lower position, but the motor ends up being lower then the caguamas :joy:

That would be much appreciated, thank you!

3 Likes

A plague in the year of the rat… what are the odds?

5 Likes

The good news is the batch of new adjustable baseplates eliminates this baseplate problem. Even with dual 6384 on 220mm hangers, they don’t strike the baseplate. I made sure they would clear no matter what the circumstances are.

I tried accomplishing this with cast baseplates but none of the common molds worked.

17 Likes

HOT DAMN :eyes:

1 Like

If i cant make it work with the adjustable i bought i will have to buy from the us again, thanks for making these!!!

1 Like

Any idea as to when these will be available?

4 Likes

Per his website it looks like March.

1 Like

ETA on MTB gear kits?

1 Like

@Boardnamics, so excited to get this exact setup. Super pumped to get everything up and running on my board. The 220mm Hangars w/ the Adjustable Baseplates and the Flipsky 6384’s is going to be silly fun to run.

1 Like

5 Likes

@abusfullofnuns, I’m jealous. I have to wait until March since I’m getting a fully assembled kit w/ the new adjustable baseplates and Flipsky motors. Super excited but the wait is literally going to kill me. :sob:

1 Like

I’m just waiting on adapters. Have everything else for 14s9p 4wd build. Skinning the deck this weekend and then I’ll really be crying.

4 Likes

Something is not right :eyes: I sent those out a while back, I remember specifically.

2 Likes

Par for the usps in some areas. Have noticed the same thing with gear coming out of Portland. Probably should give it another few days before sounding the alarm. Still crying, though. :joy:

1 Like

@abusfullofnuns, 14s9p 4wd? sweetbabyjesus. :flushed:

2 Likes

Anyone knows why my gear box not setting into place? I got the 270mm adapters and I think the lip on them is a little too big so it pushes into the bearing which sits on the other (big) gear.
Its same issue on both sides, but one of them I could tighten with the screws.

1 Like

With 220mm adapters it closed perfectly

That keyway looks like it’s sticking out too much, I grinded mine down with a dremel bc the same thing happened to me

Not sure then

Keyway is is perfectly fine. Even taking it out doesn’t change anything. The resistance feels by the big gear, for sure it has to do with the adapter and the bearing. (Might have to sand the lip a bit later)