Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

I’ve tried the generic stuff and while I’m totally fine with lots of generic things, some things you just need the name brand.

Loctite is one of those things. Yeah, it’s expensive. It’s worth it. Buy a bottle of Loctite brand model 290 threadlocker and never look back.

4 Likes

off the bat they are not comparable vendors, boardnamics is phenomenal and his CS is A+ (we’ll see when he scales though, but hopes r hi)

5 Likes

Is loctite 430 good enough to keep the gear from falling off the shaft? It seems like it has lower temp limits than loctite 600s.

2 Likes

Loctite 680 or 648 is the best, but the reason why is because it’s bearing retainer and not threadlocker. I’d just use one of those two if possible, they’re pretty cheap

3 Likes

Can I dare to ask the ballpark release date?

3 Likes

3-4 months

Sometime in March along with lots of other stuff. CNY is responsible for 20 of those days

10 Likes

Year of the ox baby! Better than the year of the rat…

2 Likes

@Boardnamics @Fosterqc @Venom121212 @KaramQ

Best technique for spreading grease on gears? Totally forgot abt the paper trick when setting my backlash today and I feel like there’s a trick for greasing that I’m forgetting

2 Likes

squeeze it from the tube directly onto the gears while spinning.

Confused at how you could be confused here.

2 Likes

Don’t have a tube haha, I’ve got it in a little bag. Will probably just squeeze it out on the gears as they’re spinning. Just wanted to make sure there wasn’t some trick I wasn’t aware of to make it super easy

1 Like

The trick is where you don’t make a mess… no tips on that sorry.

lol by tube I meant bag.

1 Like

I put it on a popsicle stick and spread it like thick butter on the gear teeth while rotating the wheel/motor by hand.

4 Likes

Hey guys so I got the single gear drive on the 184 axle and am running into an issue using my 6374.

So what I did was take the hanger off the baseplate and set the backlash using the paper trick. This way I knew ahead of time exactly where the motor would be sitting.

As per @Boardnamics advice I started sanding the baseplate and made pretty good progress, but no matter how much I do, I can’t seem to take enough off.
It clears without turning, but when you start turning the trucks, the motor strikes.

I have no problem continuing to file at the baseplate until it clears, I am just worried about taking too much material off.

I know wider hangers or a shorter motor are the obvious choice but I’d rather not spend any more money on this board😂.

I could file this so it’s even (like the white line) and it should clear no problem, I’m just want some reassurance that I won’t somehow snap my baseplate lmao.

3 Likes

I would buy a single 220 hanger from boardnamics and be done with it, not worth the risk of weakening a part that is keeping you from going full meatcrayon. They cost 40$ ex. shipping.

9 Likes

I have the same problem, I’m trying to get ahold of an adjustable baseplate to try to fix my problem, I have 220 hangers and dual 6380

1 Like

Can you put griptape on the motor can and just let the motor itself make its own clearance?

Sounds a lot easier than filing, and you won’t take off any more than absolutely necessary.

Like this except a motor instead of a wheel

6 Likes

Depending on the baseplate you chose you may have some issues with adjustables ones aswell. I had to file a bit from my hammock baseplates to fit some sk3 6374 (which are huge for 6374) on BN220 hangers

1 Like

@russoa20
You could go down this rabbit hole…
Of all, I’d say paris/randall would give the best chance at clearance.
I can check it out later this evening on my own setup.

6 Likes

Well my i intend to put them in a position where they don’t interfere with the baseplate and tilt the entire baseplate back so I have more clearance with the floor.