Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

That will be ok seeing as the deck is relatively flat. It cannot mount easily to drop throughs if the deck has a huge concave, I tested this a bit.

1 Like

Been wanting to ask, does the 270s clear reverse mounting for 6355s?

2 Likes

Yes

3 Likes

Cool, thanks for that. Will grab a set when the helicalā€™s come out.

1 Like

Helicals have been ordered.

Flipsky 6384 battle hardened also coming and available as kits with the shaft at the correct length already. Complete assembly is available for an additional $5-10 but it seems like most DIY people prefer to do it themselves?

14 Likes

Iā€™d prefer if you did it. Youā€™ll have more experience with it than most people and you know perfectly how to cut to fit your gear drive the best. I was going to buy the 6384 BH from flipsky for an upcoming build! Canā€™t believe you will be including them in kits, will make my life easier. Iā€™m interested in the gear drive for matrix ii trucks. Any updates on when that will come out and how much for 2 gear drives w/ fivestar hub pulley + 2 6384 BH flipsky motors?

1 Like

That is coming in March and will be available for assembly with 2 new flipsky motors. Youā€™re right, I can set them up absolutely perfect to where they never need to be touched. Loctite on everything and tighten each screw to a certain torque :astonished:

I can say that the combo youā€™re after will be just under 500usd, roughly.

9 Likes

ā€œI can set them up absolutely perfect to where they never need to be touched. Loctite on everything and tighten each screw to a certain torqueā€ lots of joy reading that! You said 2 new flipsky motors. Do you mean they are coming out with a new version thats different than the 6384 listed here? https://flipsky.net/collections/e-skateboard/products/flipsky-bldc-belt-motor-battle-hardened-6384-190kv-4000w-for-electric-skateboard

I think there is something to be said for putting the liability/accountability on the end user for making sure everything is assembled and safe.

To be clear, I am 1000% certain that you will do a fantastic job, and you wont have any @worldismine772 incidents (:wink:). But what I think that thread showed us is that that the simple act shipping the drives assembled shifts the blame for any possible failures onto you, even if those failures might be caused by improper use or lack of regular maintenance or whatever on the customerā€™s end.

If they are shipped disassembled, then it guarantees that the customer has to take responsibility for proper assembly themselves, while at the same time teaching them about the drives and how to maintain them in the future. For example, until I read @worldismine772ā€™s thread, I didnt even know that TB axles were screwed in, so thatā€™s not something I ever even considered checking. Clearly I am not alone on that haha.

If you do decide to offer an assembly service, I would strongly encourage you to charge enough money to make shifting that potential blame and liability onto you worth it. That way the people who absolutely need it can pay out the nose (and you can bank that money for future legal fees or whatever :joy:), and the rest of the people who have the know-how can save some money and take the responsibility of proper assembly into their own hands, so they have no one to blame but themselves when their axles fall out :wink:

Again, I want to stress that I fully believe that you will do a fantastic job of assembling these. Iā€™m just considering the 1 in 100000 chance when something goes wrong and the customer looks for someone to blame, and points the finger at you.

Anyway, thatā€™s my long rambling opinion that no one asked for. Bye!

19 Likes

Nope, those are the ones. The old version is still available for sale in some places. I havenā€™t found anything too horrible written about them. Iā€™ll still test each one.

3 Likes

Well, Iā€™m happy those are the ones. Iā€™d appreciate you testing each one. Is this outdated now? Iā€™m sure youā€™ve seen this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsk05eKu3DM) where Pavel Garmas says (at 1:50) the maytech motors barely have any epoxy, torqueboards are better, and flipsky is the only one thats truly battle hardened from the factory. yay!

Also his friend, Benni Norton, said that motor sensor wires are unnecessary and a liability? Iā€™m not too familiar with motor details but from all the escs Iā€™ve seen I would have thought they are necessary or escs wouldnt have them.

3 Likes

Thats fair to say. If he decides to ship disassembled, it would still be helpful if he can cut the motor shaft to fit perfectly.

2 Likes

@BenjaminF maybe if he sells pre assembled write down clearly that he is not liable for anythingt hat happens and you are required to check it over even when you receive

dont know the legal side so much but maybe that would work

2 Likes

It will only let me ā€œlikeā€ this comment once

9 Likes

Are you cutting them yourself or are you ordering from flipsky like that?

1 Like

He said we would cut shafts earlier but you can also order with custom shaft and I feel like he could do that. The real question is will I be able to resist a pair of motors that say Boardnamics on the can. Probably
Not

4 Likes

Iā€™ll order them shorter than usual, enough to clear the AT drives so probably 28mm. That way, the motors can be sold to belt drives. 22mm is a little short for belt drives so Iā€™d rather just cut them myself for those special orders

8 Likes

100% agree. Well thought out and well said.

Only thing Iā€™ll add is that I raised an eyebrow at

Maybe assembly really only takes a couple minutes, but this seems to undervalue your own time. $5-10 means youā€™re not profiting, just offering it as a bonus service - if so I would at least charge enough for materials (loctite, cutting discs, tape, etc) and labor, lest it become a time-suck task you donā€™t enjoy.

5 Likes

yeah many people would happily pay 30-50$ for you to assemble it all

Did you get sponsored by Loctite as well

4 Likes