Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

Nope, chuck those in the bin where they belong :joy:

If heā€™s making a GD for superstars, itā€™s almost certainly going to have a ratio designed for 200mm pneumatics. So its gonna be way too high for 125mm gummies.

3 Likes

Did you do a test fit yet?

I missed that part, thanks. Imagined it was just an adapter

I need to mount the gummies back after more than 2 years not using them to see how they compared now that I tried way more wheels

1 Like

Itā€™s also gonna be way too high for TB130, and I still havenā€™t been able to use the M1 gear drive because the 2.8 ratio isnā€™t tall enough for me to use on 130mm wheels.

This is actually a large problem for meā€¦

ā€¦and why Bigfoot isnā€™t steel gear driveā€¦ ā€¦ thankfully, 3D Servisas has 48T kegel pulleys.

Even if you wanted to, I donā€™t think the 3.8 ratio gear drive will support kegel cores. Because Iā€™d probably use it for that and raise the voltage to get a tiny bit more speed.

2 Likes

+1
Need higher gear ratios alongside with 6 or 7ā€™ā€™ tires.

The M1 is 2.8:1 and Kevin said the M1-ATS will be 3.8:1 however the M1-ATS wonā€™t fit kegel coresā€¦ this is all bad news to anyone who has TB130. Ideally a 3.2:1 drive is best but if I had to pick between 2.8 and 3.8 Iā€™d pick 3.8 and maybe bump up the voltage a tad. But thatā€™s not an option is it wonā€™t interface kegel core.

I had to make the terrible decision to go back to belt for the momentā€¦ :grimacing:

1 Like

I thought you preferred belts!

Once all-steel gear drives were released, that changes the game a little bit. No more plastic toysā€¦

7 Likes

That puts a 8" wheel @ 12s at 80kmh+ unloaded, waaay too low of a ratio =\

1 Like

ā€¦ and 4.95 which isnā€™t relevant to the TB130 :sweat_smile: :rofl:

1 Like

Itā€™s already known which will be the supported interfaces?

Personally, would love to see 5:1 as an option :blush:

1 Like

Can you get that fancy new motor in a custom kv? 140kv, 2.8, and 130mm is p nice.

Hey are those new gears compatible with the Kegel Pressfit adaptors?

Yes they all share a 45mm diameter. Here at boardnamics we pride ourselves on keeping standard dimensions through out our product line :sunglasses::+1:

14 Likes

Here at Duck Battery Systems we get rock hard when known one-man operations refer to themselves as ā€œweā€ :kissing_heart:

I do the same thing haha. No shade, I actually love it.

16 Likes

A little over 100 miles so far. Brought my board down to Florida for the holidays to get in some warm weather riding.

Been loving them so far. Everything Kevin puts out is incredibly precision made. Borders on too precision sometimes if thatā€™s possible, but Kevin has always been great to troubleshoot with if things come up.

4 Likes

Managed to get my TB 6374s onto my BN220 hanger without cutting the motor shafts at all. Itā€™s tight, but it fits.

Honestly, I was just curious as to whether it would work or not. :man_shrugging:t6:

3D printed spacers FTW.

14 Likes

now go off a curb :wink:

7 Likes

Iā€™m interested to see how they hold up for sure.

2 Likes

purchased Feb 23 2020

Finally got them usable, they had been scored so badly that the axles would not fitā€¦ never bothered getting an 8mm bit to fix it.

@Boardnamics need the raw M1 set for these hangers!

3 Likes