Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

Could make little triangle wedge things that go over on the baseplate side to make the bolts not bend?

Counteracts the angle so the bolts pushing a flat surface

2 Likes

LoL look at this image from sk8kings

Khiro_Rail_Risers_Stacked

Either those are fake bolts that just barely go in, or can you imagine what they look like inside of there :rofl:

You’d spend a week trying to put that together :rofl:

8 Likes

Makes me want to make an adjustable baseplate that clings on to a current baseplate and somehow hinges it…hmm. Like an adjustable riser

Would work with all trucks :open_mouth:

6 Likes

I will look into this, I may be able to make a custom spacer so it has the shape of the hanger

1 Like

Hi affordable gear lovers. Got a few pics of my setup with the case open. Applied a fresh greasing and added a video so you can hear how the M1 drives sound. I’m personally obsessed with how they sound under braking.

14 Likes

Nice dude! How many miles do you have on these so far? They holding up good?

1 Like

So I’m assembling my drives and it seems that the two screws that hold the larger gear on to the wheel adapter are rubbing when I put the assembly together. Did I do something wrong here? Is my hardware too tall?

Use the button heads

5 Likes

they look like this

I mean eventually it would wear down and everything would fit so whatever

5 Likes

I’d just file the bolt heads wherever it rubs. If it still rubs, file it some more.

2 Likes

Okay thanks guys. I’ve had a hard time coming up with metric hardware that fits exactly what’s recommended. Metric selection at local stores here in the US very limited. :man_shrugging:t5:

Don’t buy stuff locally if you’re in the USA. Order it online.

1 Like

Yeah looks like I will have to get used to it haha. Thanks for the advice! it’s gonna be a file for now and I’m going to order the appropriate hardware.

1 Like

Exactly why america is in the position it is.

5 Likes

It should have button heads in the hardware bag included just for the gear mounting specifically. No need to buy any

2 Likes

Happy Holidays :gift:

24 Likes

Are these superstar adapters? wot

7 Likes

Yes for the M1-ATS.

14 Likes

So are you saying I will have to build a new board for my retired Gummies just to use this gear drive?

1 Like