Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

3DS recommends Loctite 648 (aka green loctite).

3 Likes

Thanks guys!!

Dual 6380 fit the drives with 220mm hanger, but I have a clearance problem as in the ā€œideal positionā€ they hit my baseplate, so I have to put them one position lower and I have like 1cm clearance. Should I buy an adjustable baseplate? Try to cut the one I have now? Stick with the shitty clearance? Thanks in advance for the ideas

5 Likes

Adjustable baseplate + riser pads

3 Likes

Okey, I will try to find a used one as 77ā‚¬ for a 3d servisas one itā€™s outside Budget XD

1 Like

Talk to @boardnamics about getting a blemished pair
I got a pair from him for a really good price

4 Likes

The thing is I really donā€™t want to wait another 20 days for the baseplates :frowning:

2 Likes

Fair enough but it is the cheapest way

You could do some filing though

1 Like

Iā€™m on that while I find a permanent solution

4 Likes

Yeah, I was going to suggest just cut away the offending portion of the baseplate, but you donā€™t want to take a chance on compromising structural strength.

1 Like

You could downgrade to 6374 motors and then it might clear the baseplate just fine.

2 Likes

On my drive I put spacers on the axle first before the aluminum drive mounting plate and that gave me the 5mm I needed for the motor can to clear the baseplate.
Had very little wiggle room with the wheel and the nut on the axle, but it works.
Worth a go, and if it doesnā€™t, adjustables might be the way to go, although I found that (mine atleast) are chunkier and introduced an issue with motor can clearance anyway.

1 Like

Seeing as the market is stuffed with affordable 44Ā° and 50Ā° baseplates, Iā€™d really love to see some 52Ā° and maybe 40Ā° options. Not only do I think a lot of folks would like a 52Ā° / 40Ā° combo for fast longboards, but Iā€™d also use a 52Ā° / 50Ā° or 52Ā° / 52Ā° combo on shortboards.

2 Likes

I can keep looking but Iā€™m not looking for getting a mold made for these. Iā€™d need thousands sold to break even. Unless itā€™s standard, no can do :confused:

2 Likes

Iā€™d rather just print a riser then epoxy it in on the bottom and call it a day

2 Likes

Bear sells 52Ā° but they donā€™t fit Boardnamics/TB/Caliber/Paris.

1 Like

Makes sense that if you only need a few degrees then use angled riser and if you need a lot use an adjustable baseplate.

true to getting 40deg castā€¦ would like that.

Angled risers suck though, I hate how to bends the bolts. But only a few Ā° isnā€™t that big of a deal.

Not sure if the Khiro 2Ā° risers are still available to buy though.

1 Like

?
2 Likes

nice

1 Like