Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

99% sure it fits all Paris style baseplates. Fits caliber baseplates too. Almost any common cast baseplate will fit the hanger

1 Like

Did Paris change their designs? I think I have the V1, it’s the 159mm hanger that isn’t stocked anymore. I don’t own a V2 to check with

I’d like to share that I will be providing cast baseplates with riptide sports pivot cups and bushings soon. I can make a “hybrid” precision truck. Cast baseplate but precision hanger :partying_face:

6 Likes

You’re getting into casting too? I’m so jealous rn!

yes please :raised_hand:

4 Likes

I have both the V1 and v2 and have hanger incoming, so will check.

3 Likes

Please @ me with the results! I really want to be able to keep the Bergs on

1 Like

can you make it the same height as your adjustable baseplate :exploding_head:

oh thought you were making them with your own design for a sec lol nvm

He’s probably going to source the commercially available ones for those of us who don’t have tons of Caliber baseplates just laying around like I do.

3 Likes

Yep off the shelf cast ones. No reason to do custom, there are plenty of good ones out there.

2 Likes

Do you have Paris V2 baseplates just chillin too?

1 Like

I don’t think I have a single Paris baseplate here. I’m not totally sure, but I don’t think so.

1 Like

I do one sec

yeah pivot is loose

Please make sure they’re thicc and strong. Or at the least the thickest the market has to offer :+1:

They’re all about the same thickness. I think it’s more about the material quality. Cast stuff can be hit or miss. We will see!

2 Likes

Reworked berg adapters done and shipping in a few days

14 Likes

Suddenly, everyone will want the wheels you can’t get.

11 Likes

4 Likes

I see that you are not only good at armchair engineering

2 Likes

I gained almost 1/4" of wheel base by swapping a BN 50° for a cal II 50° baseplate up front. It’s not much, but it’s something.

I’m tempted to grab a Randal 38/42 for the rear to see if that gives me anymore.

Sorry my kid sharpied up my tape.

4 Likes