Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

Clean pipes save lives.

3 Likes

Cool set up, build thread soon pls!

4 Likes

I feel overrated @b264

12 Likes

You have convinced me to get a few raw sets next batch.

10 Likes

At least you donā€™t have to see every scratch

2 Likes

Any tips for the truck angles against speed wobbles?

1 Like

Lower them :upside_down_face:

EDIT: ideally you want your rear angle a decent bit lower than your front angle. This will help allow you to turn up front while keeping the back a little more dead/ stable.:call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

7 Likes

Why does the baseplate for BN trucks sit so far back? Is that the same as Caliber?

My Paris baseplates are another 3/8" forward I think, can I just swap them?

Edit: you canā€™t swap them, they donā€™t have similar pivot cups

3 Likes

you could use the diy brushing casting method to make hybrid piviots maybe

Anyword on gear drive for the Matrix II? or is that still Q1 2021ish? @Boardnamics

1 Like

Yep. Gonna be the most affordable one out so stay tuned :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

M1-ATS All-terrain silent

12 Likes

Would be really cool to do some custom laser etching or engraving.

1 Like

Iā€™m about to mess around with different branded baseplates up front. Iā€™m running into clearance issues on a build and Ā¹/ā“" - 3/8" would be a huge help.
I have a caliber 50 and bkb cal clone to try.
I think it is my ticket.

2 Likes

Haha the wheels are cutting it a bit closeā€¦might have to downgrade to TB110s
b5361203cdee366a31bf02f6efdb5910b2f46c9f_2_375x500

2 Likes

I think it has to do with the extra baseplate height to allow more deck clearance in drop through mode(swear I read that somewhere).
Iā€™m gonna mess with it tomorrow to confirm.

Yeah I want to drop mount too but I get terrible wheel bite in the front even after drilling a new set of baseplate holes

1 Like

if anyone needs a more realistic version of any particular part for using it in a project just lmk.

might be able to make a tiny belt drive with 70mm wheels using the motor plateā€¦idiy why you would actually.

3 Likes

Let you know what I find out. The front is what Iā€™m addressing too, though mines a top mount kicktail.

1 Like

@Boardnamics might sharing some light on this? Does the hanger fit only one version of Paris trucks?

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be first in line for this