Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

I can make small quantities of adapters (under 10pcs) but the price will go up

5 Likes

If you do, I am in!

1 Like

Bergs are 145mm, full inflated a little closer to 150mm.
Evolve are full inflated 150mm.
6x2 Wheels are a little more than 150mm.
Metroboard 155mm.
TB 160mm.
Sunmate 160mm.
Evolve and Sunmate also offer 175mm.

Everything above 175mm is not really for street use anymore imho.
So if an AT GD is designed to fit ~160mm wheels you an cover pretty much the whole spectrum.

2 Likes

Bergs compress around half the round part of the tyre at whatever pressure you inflate them on. As soon as they touch the ground you can cut 3mm off the radius. I would actually consider them closer to 140.
6x2’s are 152mm and barely compress even with a flat for comparison

2 Likes

Roughly how do they compare wh/mile?

1 Like

Slightly worse at the same pressure, but way more comfy. I get 18wh/km on full ali setup and 20-21wh/km on bergs front ali back setup
Bergs at 35 psi now and ali at 25, bergs are still softer

1 Like

Exciting times. I was getting 22Wh/mile on thane on my DDs with 110s, so with gear drives hopefully bergs should come out the same…no range loss would be hilarious

Don’t confuse miles with kilometers. It’s still double the consumption on pneumatics

4 Likes

Lol I meant per KM but riding pretty hard for those measurements.

Any eta on the 270 kits ?

1 Like

Anyone know if I can fit 2 6374 motors + TB110 wheels + M1 drives on a 184 hanger or should I just use a 220

You got 22wh/km on tb110 ??? I barely get 8wh/km going uphill at 40kmh/h

1 Like

You must be a very efficient pusher :+1:t2:

1 Like

Using TBDDs yes, they chew through power if you push them!

Go with 220’s for sure.

1 Like

He did it! The crazy son of a bitch did it!

I’m also impressed you were able to rear mount it on 220mm hangar. I wasn’t comfortable with the clearance.

3 Likes

If you make them I’m in too

1 Like

Also in for MBS pattern adapters.

2 Likes

If you or anyone need a truck mod just sent me your hanger. Only for 6355 on 220s. Also would do the 270s if you really want it. I do like the fact they have a 10mm shaft as far as truck integrity goes

3 Likes

Anyone run the flywheel adapter on new cloudwheels? Was planning on running @Boardnamics pulleys on a belt drivetrain for a light offroad board but if the drives’ flywheel adapters have the same dimensions as your pulleys, Kevin Imma give it a shot.

1 Like