Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

Amazing
Thanks so much

1 Like

For your ears :slight_smile:

11 Likes

That sounds so satisfying

2 Likes

Right?! Reminds me of group-b rally cars.

These gears are so much quieter than any other Iā€™ve used. When they are broken in and greased, they sound no different than belts. I want to try these with bergsā€¦

3 Likes

You sure about that :eyes::joy::joy:

Whatā€™s the problem with Bergs?

1 Like

They arenā€™t sold anymore

1 Like

Nothing wrong with them at all :joy: they just donā€™t pair well with @Bobby. Iā€™m pretty sure he has popped like 10 if not more of them :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

@Boardnamics any plans to make an adaptor for other pneumatic wheel hubs?

1 Like

Anvil - Metal on Metal (1982) (for those of you who are old enough)

1 Like

Fucking hell no im not sure. Itā€™s a real love hate. However, I still like bergs over thane and I have a set just chillin

2 Likes

Only problem is the wheel sizeā€¦ bergs are small enough to be used with the gear ratio these drives provide.

Metroboards are 155 and TB 160. I guess that they would be just fine given that the bergs are pretty close at 150.

@Boardnamics please make this happen! I am sure there is enough demand

1 Like

I think bergs are 145 :eyes: but close enufff :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Web page says 150, but Iā€™ve never seen one in real life so idk.

2 Likes

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh :worried::pensive:. Iā€™ve been wrong for so long. :sleepy:

Welp correction thenā€¦ ignore me.

Proceed.

1 Like

Nope, they are 145. Says so right on the side of the tire, and I have measured them at full inflation.

155 Metroboard wheels are gonna be close, but i dont imagine efficiency if going to be great with this gear ratio, even if you can push enough amps to get decent torque.

3 Likes

You can use my wheels in a bit :wink:

1 Like

I was gonna use those tires in a 4wd build, but I guess there might not be enough demand for that type of thing to justify the production of a new adaptorā€¦