Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

Not ready just yet :smiley:

5 Likes

is it rude to want 4 out of the first batch???

Fucking holy shitballs, batman

I think I just wrecked my jeans

15 Likes

@Boardnamics
I have your older 10-8 fixed axles, the 8mm portion seems not much longer than standard trucks.
How does that work with an extra bearing in the wheel pulleys?
New ones are longer on the 8mm part?

The 270mm version of the drive has a different adaptor and has a 10mm bearing instead of an 8mm bearing.

1 Like

Oh I was asking about the belt drive pulleys on 10-8 axles xD

Count me in for a set of those AT drives. Already using Bergs and 220 precision hangers so these are a no brainer.

Beautiful drives with an amazing price. Congratulations.

4 Likes

Lol what am I needed for?

1 Like

I can basically do anything if I have the truck profile :eyes:

1 Like

and that we do

whatā€™s the clamp hole pattern of the matrix mount Kevin? Or do I gotta buy them first :wink: :wink:

1 Like

Oh nice.

Definitely not gunna step on Kevin, he had been very helpful with the heatsinks (like mucho helpful)

But just tell me what you need and we can make it happen.

2 Likes

Man, killing with this geardrive at this price, looking forward to @b264 try to kill it, only try

The seal idea is really good with the bearing + oring

7 Likes

I wanted a BN matrix motor mount to BN precision hanger adapter as it doesnā€™t seem he will offer them for the few that will want that.

simple 1-piece part so I think a small run would not be much work.

Will lyk

1 Like

I want one of these too, pocketā€™s are gonna hurt for it but the standard mounts are not playing nice with 72T wheel pulleys and there is no adjustment

1 Like

Who said I wouldnā€™t make them? What if I told you I have the design already loaded up and ready to go? :eyes:

Can offer that later in the year, or sooner if its highly desired.

5 Likes

Put my name on one of the earlier sets!

3 Likes

@Boardnamics does the new Matrix II mount clamp use the same hangar pattern as your first mounts or are you using the exact file that MBS released to us to use for mounts?

1 Like

The first profile, I believe. Did not know there was an official releaseā€¦
Either way they work, the clamps are absolutely huge, 13mm thick. They grip to just about anything remote close.

1 Like

But they have gaps :sob:

(At least I think they do, I remember being really confused where they went because it never clicked into place when I rotated the halves around, the 2 part Caliber and HeXL halves always would click as you rotated them)

2 Likes

I kept on wanting to tag you about that post but I forgot I guess.

1 Like