Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

I can push 3.0, barely. Otherwise the motor hits the hanger. I am near maxed out on physical limitations.

7 Likes

I may offer cast baseplates to pair with the hangers. Something like a hybrid truck for $99.99. The baseplates are not easy to machine whatsoever, and personally I am so sold on them being ā€œpreciseā€ so important. The hanger being machined is much nicer.

3 Likes

Dang man these look reeeeaaly good

3 Likes

Iā€™m in!

5 Likes

The helical version will be quieter, and hardware wise, it is exactly the same as the M1. The M1-S (silent) is the same gearbox but with different gears.

Shipping a dual to HK would be $26.

7 Likes

Seriously though with all the first gen laSags out there on Matrix trucks.
And all the new flex Boards out there on Matrix truckā€™s we need more gear drive options.

1 Like

Will there be an AT variant down the line? I couldnā€™t see myself running Bergs on anything other than 1:4

4 Likes

AT gear drive will come later, one thing at a time :exploding_head: Likely January

9 Likes

but muh axial loads! :woozy_face: :woozy_face: :woozy_face:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s not too long. Iā€™ll definitely keep an eye out.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the maximum motor shaft length these will take?
How does the motor gear mount?
Where do we find damn bergs now? :frowning:
Would a dual 6374 setup still fit the bn220?

1 Like

About axial loads:
The gearbox has a pressure sealed design. When installing the case, the big bearing slightly compresses the rubber o-ring and becomes preloaded. The axial force will be in the opposite direction to counteract this ā€œpreloadā€, so no worries on the gearbox casing.

As for the motor, unsure whether or not it will wear it out faster. The axial load isnā€™t as high as one would expect because the helix degree is quite shallow; 15deg. Considering most of these outrunners were made to spin propellers, seems to me some axial load wouldnā€™t hurt.

10 Likes

I made a thing, these look really good, and itā€™s price? damn.

41 Likes

How much more would it cost to be herringbone over helical?

2 Likes

Have not looked into herringbone much yet. Not nearly as easy to get produced.

2 Likes

Any chance you are thinking about making these compatible with MBS hubs or superstars?

3 Likes

Not a chance, those wheels are too big to be ran on such a small gear drive. Bergs are the biggest wheel I allowed for. These are made for urethane mainly. One size does not fit ALL, just some.

14 Likes

Would the AT ones have patterns for Bergs/Rockstar IIs/Superstars?

1 Like

thatā€™s all i need, where do i throw money at?

6 Likes

Superstars on Metroboard 155mms would be pretty cool, since itā€™s still a 6" wheel.

3 Likes