Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

The razillian trucks may be my best bet, but the price of those is a bit out of my range. I’ll have to thing about it…

Meepo, eovan, exway… probably more. All of them have gear drive options

1 Like

I’m building a short board, and those seem to be geared more to AT builds. I’ll look into it some more though, since they seem pretty cool in their own right.

Which shouldn’t be trusted.

I don’t trust any esk8 products so your point is moot

So the semendeed isn’t to be trusted? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not yet, hence a second round of beta decks

which items do you distrust the least?

Yes

China board geardrives and batteries.

Or razillian DKP midplate with savage1 tkp hanger… thats what im doing.

2 Likes

Tbh if you want gear drives on dkp, just buy a set of OEM dkp trucks from meepo/exway/verreal/evolve etc and then buy a set of the omni gear drives.

do you think that would work with a short deck like the one found on the stoke or the exway wave?

What specifically about the gear drives do your find especially sketchy? Do they use flimsy plastic gears or smth?

1 Like

They do use plastic gears yeah

2 Likes

The newbee geardrive has been proven to be pretty good so far, doubling the gears is much better than single

years of development vs a few months of ripping off the design

1 Like

That’s what I was going to recommend too. If you want to stick with DKP, Omni makes a street wheel gear drive that would work. Cannot speak to their quality or anything, but they are an option.

3 Likes

It seems that Newbee are making a version for the hurricane soon so maybe it will also be street compatible

2 Likes

The speed at which id put money down for a newbee 4gs catered towards a street setup is unfathomable :joy:

3 Likes