Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

will 6485 motor fit with the drives on 220mm trucks or will I need 270mm?

1 Like

6485 won’t fit on 220s with gears, no. You need 270s.

3 Likes

With the last gen adjustable baseplate they will. At worst a hair bit of sanding on the baseplate.

2 Likes

I’m sure this is buried somewhere in this thread but can anyone tell me if the adapter for BN hangers is any different for 220s vs 270s?

they’re the same

1 Like

:pray:

Charcharchar :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

The 270s have a lip that is 1mm taller to account for the fact that the 6900 bearing is 1mm thinner. That, and there are a few additional mounting holes on the 270 adapters because reverse mounting with small motors is possible.

1 Like

nice

1 Like

So if I have an M1 set w 220 adapters will it fit on the 270s w the lip? I would think a 1mm lip is basically a mountain on a precision part…

1 Like

It won’t fit anyways as the axle cutout is 8mm vs the 10mm axle.

1 Like

That’d be easy enough to bore out I think. In any case @Boardnamics do u have any 270 adapters I could hit u up for?

3 Likes

You can drill/bore/ream it up to 10MM and use 1MM thickness washer sitting between 6900 bearing and adapter.

4 Likes

Kinda lost my 8mm axle nut from 220’s. Does anybody know what thread of a nut I have to get since regular m8 doesn’t do the trick:(

1 Like

bn trucks use regular skate hardware

So I may find these from a skate shop. That makes things so much easier, thought I had to order some.

3 Likes

Has anyone had any success using these gear drives with double king pin trucks trucks?

It’s totally possible, but what hanger would you use? AFAIK the only adapter options are for RKP, channel and NKP trucks.

You’d have to make your own adapter for a DKP hanger.

Could use razillian dkps and the fabled surfrodz tkp adapter

1 Like

That’s a bit more involved than I wanted to get, tbh. If I can’t find something I guess I’ll design and fabricate something, though I’m not excited about doing that much work for my first build lol

1 Like

There are multiple brands out there doing gear drives for dkp, you shouldn’t have to make anything.