Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

No, what does your setup look like?

Not yet, just toasted wave spring washer in both motor from axial load cycles, you can make 0.5mm thick washer to sitting between motor bearing and C clip, you will leave 0.2mm of free room for thermal expansion of Flipsky motor.

2 Likes

What is the center to center distance for the 1:2.2 gearing?

Hey is the large bearing on the outer housing available for the AT gear drives?

I had once seize today but managed to get it working again. If it happens again I’ll probably need to replace it.

There should be a code printed on it, pop that into your search engine of choice and it might give you some links

3 Likes

For M1Street is 6809RS, but i dont know what AT use.

1 Like

To accomodate the Meepo Cyclone 165s racing wheels ([Meepo Cyclone 165s Racing Wheel Set – Meepo Board]) would I need the M1-AT Drive set with MBS hubs? I’m a bit of a noob wrt AT wheels. Last build I did was kegel with PU.

Thanks guys!

Yes

2 Likes

Thanks. And I assume the wheels mount to the BN wheel adaptors via bolts through these bolt retainers?

1 Like

K I found the post:

2 Likes

Thanks!

Are straight cuts coming back? : )

1 Like

So I’ve found out if the pins come out of your Kegel or ave wheel adapters an M6 bolt threads in pretty tightly but securely to the hole and fits most wheel cores just the same as the pins.

2 Likes

so you can use bolts, green loctite then cut the heads off?

or you could grind the ends of the socket heads to make them like the fixed axles bn sells.

or lastly, chop bolts and add flathead drive.

2 Likes

how deep is this?

my guess is 8mm deep.

Side note my guess for the kegel pin pattern diameter was 31.7mm ~ 1.25in

3 Likes

Well, yes, but I was going to use blue loctite and keep the heads on the bolts, trimming the tips down so they’re just on the wheel. Looks like a car wheel.

The threads bite the holes pretty well.

1 Like

i heard yes for a small batch?, but knly in 5.something:1

1 Like

5.5:1 spur gear for M1AT i guess, for M1S you still can buy the 2.78:1 and 2.2:1 spur pinion gear from the site, but you need to buy M1 64T spur gear blank from somewhere and do the some custom lathe work.

I have 8 64T straight cut M1 gears left from who knows where. One could use an M1-AT straight cut pinion on them just fine.

1 Like

Damn! right timing, about to order solf jaws for my chuck and some gear blank, hit me up with a pair of it.
Would love to get 2 pair, but it better to let another person be able to get it.