Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

Explain! . With a meme that includes nipples!

That mean there will be no spur gear profile in M1 V2 gear box ?

1 Like

We will see. I doubt it comes back.

Meaby the contact surface in helical angle play a role here, because the new helical wheel gear have rough contact surface finish, it will create friction when the power is tranfer along helical angles.
Look like it need more break in time.

1 Like

From 2.2 to 2.78? That’s apples to oranges I think. Motor will turn more at same speed and the efficiency at different rpms etc. I have no idea about calculations, just trying to get to know all the significant variables

I’ve already got 111 miles on the helicals. I waited till I got past 100 miles so they should be broken in already.

Random question are there any 230lb or 105kg heavy riders that have used Bergs on the M1 drives
I really want a bigger ratio but I’m tempted to try these out
Let me rephrase that I’m using Kegel core on a berg tire

5 Likes

I was 95kg (now I’m 80 :slight_smile: ) when I used bergs on m1 and mainly the problem is that 69kmh it’s too fast, and the torque wasn’t enough so I’ve just bought 140kv motors that I will be testing soon.

2 Likes

That would be cool to get a pneumatic with a kegel core.

What is that set up you have pictured?

1 Like

These are dope, is this your own design

1 Like

I’ve been a fan of @Bavioze thread from the beginnings he’s having me test his new wheels :sunglasses:
I really want to do drives but the ratios are no bueno :cry:

@Bavioze design :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Please Report when you get them
This sounds interesting :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Thanks for the link, I’ll definitely read into this. Now you just need the AT kit with kegel adapters to make the ratio work for you.

1 Like

straights for the ATs :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Old @Janux-esk8 gear drives on kegel core :sunglasses:

3.07 ratio
And then you could swap them out easy with big Thane

4 Likes

Yes @Boardnamics please :joy:

2 Likes

Agree 100!

1 Like

Maybe if we all drop hints all the time he will :rofl:

2 Likes

If he gets enough people to want them he’ll make them we just got to promote it a bit :rofl:

1 Like

I’m in on that, this is my vote for straight cut gang!

1 Like