Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

Can you share more info on these? Will these be same same specs as the BH flipsky? 8mm round shaft? Length of shaft?

1 Like

Yes they will. 24mm short shaft, 8mm diameter.
Cooler laser engraving of course :sunglasses:

5 Likes

There better be hotrod flames and a checkered flag

4 Likes

Is it safe to assume dual 6355 on m1gear drives will fit nicely on 184mm hanger? Thinking of swapping my 176 surfrodz rear with og psycho mounts for gears on my evo build

They will, but you’d need to make sure you have the baseplate clearance for it. Dual m1 drives will fit on a BN 184mm with a BN adjustable plate

1 Like

The M1 drive V2 can fit 184mm hangers and 2 6354 motors without an adjustable baseplate.
A neat package :smiley:

I can probably pre-assemble them and sell them as a full unit :sunglasses: Should be popular for many mid-level urethane boards.

19 Likes

My package is in transit, and im already exited to see what you come up with in the future. :smiley:

1 Like

I upgraded to the Helicals from 2.20 straights and they are less efficient. At 12s with 6374s I’m getting around 28-32wh/mile. With 2.20 straights I was getting anywhere from 15-26wh/Mile. I was expecting a range increase but had a range decrease

3 Likes

Really? That’s so weird I’d imagine it would be a big range increase, considering it’s the 2.78 ratio.
Were you riding harder, or any other variables?

straight cut gang

gib straught cuts got the ATs

although the efficiency can be due to some factors like you backlash or sum sum

i currently get 20Wh/km total on the AT gds as a 4wd on 6365 170 motors, 3.95 ratio on 8”

7 Likes

Nope, same path, same speed and same weather. Got 30miles with 14% left and I was able to do 31miles with 31% left with the straights.

1 Like

Helicals should be slightly less efficient.

5 Likes

When I switched from 2.78 to 2.20 I thought there would be a range decrease, but it felt nearly the same to me surprisingly.
I guess that confirms it…
Straight cut gangggggg

3 Likes

Bearing life shorter too

3 Likes

My dogs humping pillow weighs more than you

10 Likes

Odd reference but I’m not judging
Poastoast is a feather, he could take our boards cross country without charging, I’m kinda jealous

5 Likes

I wanted straight but Kevin said he had no more straight 2.78 and he’s switching the helicals completely

I am debating getting the straight cuts again. It is sort of a pain to have a total of 4 gears made just for this. I’d like to just get 1 specific set made.

9 Likes

Straight Cut>Helical

6 Likes

The difference really shouldn’t be more than 5% I think. Difference in backlash? Maybe str8 cut had some mileage already and helicals were brand new?