Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

That’s what she said :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Kevin replied quickly and and stated that a 100mm long motor will fit on the new version of the drives that is in production. He said he switched up the available angles the drives can sit at in the new version not yet released.

On the current version, he said it is only possible if you purchase his adjustable baseplate in the rear or else the motor will hit the baseplate. Other than that, he let me know that there shouldn’t be any issues running a single 100mm motor. So the options are to either wait for the new version or buy the current one with an adjustable baseplate in the rear.

6 Likes

5 Likes

Helicals Under load, I have a longer video but to large to upload on here. Smoother sounding then straight and doesn’t rattle as much. Still loud but quieter then straights.

1 Like

Haven’t heard the straights in person but I do agree the helical sound quite smooth

3 Likes

boardnamics motors also need circumsicion

Specifications:
Motor Diameter: 63mm
Overall Length: 84mm
Shaft Diameter: 8mm
Shaft Length: 25.5mm
Keyway Length: 12mm
Weight: 1150g

Are there any motors that will fit these without modification?

1 Like

They come custom cut to fit.

The short option from FS is 24mm that fits the AT.

2 Likes

Good to know, Thank you. Still waiting on some orders…Can’t wait to get it in my hands :grin:

1 Like

Damn I can’t wait til I have my board running again, I miss that sweet sound.

2 Likes

The board misses you!

2 Likes

@Boardnamics do you have a time frame when the 190kv motors will be back in stock?

1 Like

Is there a time frame on when drives are getting sent out? Just curious…I placed an order last Friday and was curious when it might ship?

2 Likes

Mine just went out but he maybe needs a couple days to restock on o-rings

2 Likes

I made an order on the 3rd and it still hasn’t shipped yet. He said something about waiting for parts so it’s going to be a bit.

It is that ugly time where I am running out of the essentials. I have since done another inventory order. Everything will have fast lead times again in September.

@Paul77 Around 3-7 weeks, depending on if I express ship them or not. The price on them went up 22% per unit since earlier this year. :frowning_face: 6354 190kv motors on the way as well.

There will be a V2 of the M1 drive with a few improvements that will make the drive run smoother and reduce a little weight. The V2 will have better angle adjustability for improved compatibility.

16 Likes

When will the V2 come out? I just bought the M1 but since it won’t ship for a while is it better to wait for the V2 or is it a, come out in 2022 type of situation?

And does the M1 fit reverse mount? Can’t seem to find the answer for that anywhere.

2 Likes

You would get the V1 stuff with the V2 ABEC adapter. It’s kind of messy atm explaining the differences.

They can be reverse mounted on 270mm hangers with shorter motors, must check CAD.

7 Likes

Beautiful, thanks man. Looking forward to it, whenever you can send the stuff.
Not worried either way, you always take care of us.

3 Likes

Two interpretations:

or

I choose #2 :slight_smile:

12 Likes

It’s definitely 2 lol

3 Likes