Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

Going that fast on a maiden voyage is pretty ballsy

I usually take it in after about 100m and check bolts and do a visual once-over, then ride it about 2-5km reaching higher speeds, then do another looksee and then maybe when I’m comfortable start breaking into the higher speeds. Got to build up some trust in the new machine and also learn how it handles.

Glad you’re okay mostly

17 Likes

That’s the smart way to do it. I rode about 20 miles chill getting a feel and got confident like an idiot. The board humbled me fast and laughed at me trying to recover on the side of the road for 10min. I’m definitely not going to be seeing those speeds anytime soon again.

8 Likes

Yes

1 Like

No rear steering. It is extremely stable, with these 97mm my topend is 35-40mph if I throw some clouds at it I’ll be around 45-50mph. Which I still think I’d be comfortable doing on this board however I would be making the obvious trade off for torque. I like my take off with the 97mm I can go full throttle at 80amps/motor and it almost throws me off but not quite! :joy::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Glad your good, I hate the wobbles. Even if I don’t get them I’m still nervous to go too far past 30, it’s always in the back of my mind and they come on quick.

4 Likes

It has been a long time since I don’t experience speed wobbles (i have also never fallen because of them), I’m running a similar setup with a very low back truck angle and I think that is the key!

You loose agility, but you can go 64kmh no problem!

4 Likes

I run 40 deg in the back and keep the bushing a tad tighter, id hate to loose my ability to carve and make tight turns. I just aim for the sweet spot of of both worlds (prob everyone goal lol)

6 Likes

I have different boards for different purposes.

• Lieftech V2 (running dual vesc 4.2 and 10s) for the slide.
  • Yuneec ego (not modded) to teach beginners
  • the board pictured above which is my main DIY Dual FSESC 6.6+, 10s7p(25r), Boardnamics 2.2 gear drive, adjustable baseplate and 6384 motors. to go real fast.
  • Meepo Mini 2 so I can ride when I fly (easy to menuver in tight spaces)
  • working on building a tamer, carvier DIY for my wife who has outgrown the Yuneec.
  • on Sunday i’m going to pick up my first offroad board, the ECOMOBL M24!
3 Likes

NICE!!! I unfortunately only have one so I have to tune it to be an all arounder

1 Like

Hi, My name is Taylor and I have an ESK8 addiction.

4 Likes

I think we all do, my only reason for one at the moment is money, if I was rich my build list would be deep!

3 Likes

I’ve never fallen from them either. The board was super stable and smooth the entire time, I just hit a brick crosswalk which was bumpy and that’s what sent my board into wobble.

2 Likes

I have mine set to 50° up front and 30° in the back. It’s a very good setup just that brick messed everything up lol

2 Likes

This + taking it to one of the shittier roads in town and checking after

3 Likes

I completely agree with this lol this is how I had my only bad fall

First day on the board and I hit over 30 with default bushings

3 Likes

Some video I took before I fell, yall weren’t lying these gears sound amazing.

9 Likes

That does sound great!

2 Likes

Those the helicals?

No, straights. 2.20

3 Likes

How many amps are you running to your 6374s?