Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

Motherfucker only eats oatmeal and shit…

6 Likes

These look solid! :metal:

1 Like

Hopefully, I’m wrong but I haven’t seen any video or photos or reviews of the M1 AT drives. I would love to hear them spin up and maybe some words from a tester. I have confidence in the design but also I’m curious.

1 Like

As far as I know I haven’t seen any video or footage either

There obviously are no reviews yet because they didn’t have testers that do videos I guess

1 Like

I wish I could get a list of all the media in this thread. It’s a nightmare. We need a separate thread for the M1AT i think

1 Like

Yeah that would be a good idea…

Maybe he will start one when they are officially posted

but now u need to worry about gear mesh :rofl:

5 Likes

I thought fixed gear position was a feature of the m1

Based on how things went with the original M1s, you may not see that until customers have their hands on them. I don’t know if these went through as much testing as the M1s since they are based on them, so less of that early media than they had.

That is not the best practice I think.

Edit:

I’m still buying 3-4 sets

To be way more fair, I think @Boardnamics should answer that rather than my very short hand assumptions here.

1 Like

I mean, not gonna lie, I don’t think I’ve seen a video review on the M1 drives either but I haven’t looked.

I’m making an assembly video on these as soon as I get my hands on them, and I will for sure be doing a review of the drives themselves once I get the board up and built

4 Likes

Who is BN’s tester? I remember reading he had someone test for him because he doesnt ride anymore

Someone downtown…? Not sure exactly, Kevin told me the tester rides hard but I agree we lack concrete evidence or results

2 Likes

I havent heard a single complaint about the M1 'thane so thats promising

3 Likes

besides @Athrx who seemed to be super unlucky with his setup

2 Likes

from my understanding, once u set them up, then there is nothing to adjust, but when u r putting the gearbox together, u need the motor to be able to slide back and forth for the gear mesh. @Boardnamics probably have a better way to explain this than me :joy:

1 Like

I don’t know what this stuff means :tired_face::see_no_evil: I hope there will be a guide and it be not much to do since they are going to be preassembled.

1 Like

This is also known as setting backlash. It’s like setting belt tension, but for gears. There is a good bit of information out there on how to do this correctly.

2 Likes

how close (tight) or far (loose) this part is:

since the gear diameter is fixed, so u need to change the axle distance between the two point, which is the truck axle and motor shaft distance

3 Likes