Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

Will the precision clamp go under the pulley so you can mount the motor plate on the left side of the clamp? I cant really see the clearance from the picture.

3 Likes

It’s close but the clamping screws interfere with the bolts for the pulley, I’ve been working at it with a file and I got the clamp to slide up the hanger that extra distance though, wasn’t bad at all

8 Likes

A man with a file + a mission > precision machining center

15 Likes

ahem I filed about 6mm of flipsky motor shaft the other night

mans not wrong

1 Like

Would anyone want a hanger skinnier than 184mm?

164mm is the smallest I would figure

TIme to get filing

1 Like
5 Likes

150mm hanger :yum:

P.S. the XL mounts are just :ok_hand::ok_hand::drooling_face::drooling_face:

7 Likes

Damn they do look clean :eyes: dat 8mm plate tho

2 Likes

Perfect for mountainboards haha

1 Like

That’s what mine is replacing, she’s gonna have top mount enclosures and bindings are the end of it

2 Likes

What if this hypothetical shorter BN hanger also featured the square profile for hub motors?

1 Like

Unless they’re Hummie hubs, I’m out :crazy_face:

1 Like

Hummie hubs do not use the same china hub square standard I guess? (seems like .5"/12mm)

Would be a really fucking simple operation to add this onto a normal BN hanger so asking for that added feature is a bit silly, my only thinking was it adds all the past and future hub options for a minor change on only one of the hanger variants

1 Like

You cant use hub motors on non-fixed axles, the torque is applied to the shoulder bolt and it will eventually come out.

1 Like

Huh? That’s what the square profile is for no? Also my axles are JB welded in place good luck.

From what I’ve seen the square profile in hubs are just to allow for spacers in between the truck and hub. The profile isn’t actually large enough to fit any square shaped trucks to lock the hub into place.

1 Like

why the fuck would they put the square profile on the hub and hanger if they did not fit together.

cmon ive seens some stupid shit but that can’t be

1 Like

I work on german cars sometimes and I think the exact same thing

2 Likes

maytech hub bullshittery

These are the maytech hubs, designed to fit 8mm ID / 10mm OD spacers.

Edit: I know the loaded x unlimited hubs have a circular profile to slightly recess the circular paris v3 hangar but its certainly not load bearing.

2 Likes

I don’t see anything that would not work with a boardnamics hanger after you machine the square profile

I guess what you could actually do is make an adapter from the square to the BN hanger shape that would lock between them.

shit or machine the BN hanger into the hubs at that point…

3 Likes