Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

LoL.zzz

Maybe consider a circlip and a key only – but then you’d probably have to also sell a bundled circlip tool if needed :man_facepalming:

It is likely the “super speed” 29T gears won’t even have spots for set screws. Anyone going 40mph with these likely has retaining loctite and a keyway anyways, or so I would hope.

3 Likes

That’s why I got my set put together by u dummy

2 Likes

is this why I am only getting a single gearbox from him :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Setup by him as well lol. SHOOT JEVIN ACTUALLY IDENTIFIES AS A PIZZA

2 Likes

Boardnamics professional technician set it up

5 Likes

You hear that @Fosterqc your potential resale value just shot through the roof

6 Likes

Now it’s a “limited edition, collector version”.

7 Likes

Will there also be a smaller ratio herringbone option available? ~1:2.2?

What motor do you plan to use where that would make for a better drivetrain?

I would be using it as FWD for torque assist with an existing RWD drive train with a similar gear ratio. Rear will run something along the lines of a 63100. The helicals will have something along the lines of a 6374.

2 Likes

Fair enuf, that’s a pretty specific use case :smile:

1 Like

And if the non-herringbones get a gear ratio of 1:2.2, then it’s only fair that herringbones get the same option, right? :grimacing:

It would allow those with larger cans and smaller wheels get some decent speed and make use of the torque

Are the dual M1 (220mm hangers) and 6374s going to run into bite issues when inwards mounting on a drop down deck?

2 Likes

I was running dual 6374 on a drop down deck. Depends how steep the drop is. Clearance is tight but it works. Use a riser for sure.

3 Likes

Thanks. Were you running adjustable baseplates? What angle? Those motors look pretty low!

1 Like

Just TB baseplate with 220mm BN’s. And an angled riser.

@Boardnamics do you gots an update on getting these shipped w/ BN270s ? :eyes::penguin:

1 Like

@Boardnamics As a heads up the new XL precision mounts don’t work with the 270mm hangers and MBS rims, the clamp hits the radius on the hanger and the pulleys bottom out, needs about 2.5mm of clearance I think? How hard would it be to increase the width of the internal chamfer on the inside of the clamp?

This is NOT and issue for anyone with axle spacers or extended axles

1 Like

Will the precision clamp go under the pulley so you can mount the motor plate on the left side of the clamp? I cant really see the clearance from the picture.

3 Likes