Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

someone on the forum can make that

1 Like

Machine down my hanger. The dimensions are 18mm wide by 18.34mm tall

4 Likes

Iā€™m actually trying to turn some hubs into dds and my plan was to file down a flipsky hanger to this shape, but the center hole itā€™s too small for a 10mm shaft to go through. Do you think I can drill it big or will I fuck it up?

Edit: sorry for derailing

Nah dont. The hole will be off center and you end up with a wobbly thing. That sort of stuff needs to be put on a lathe. At least to my knowledge.

1 Like

Why not go herringbone instead of helical?

All the advantages without any of the disadvantages

You should know thatā€™s just not possible, right? Thereā€™s never zero downsides.

Cost is the great driving factor for a lot of his design choices. Herringbone would raise cost a good bit, since the mfg is quite a bit more intensive with regards to time and tooling.

10 Likes

And his gears are too thin. Herringbone requires thicc gears to work well.

6 Likes

Anyone got this running with the 270 hangers?

4 Likes

7 Likes

Anyone got these at all?

1 Like

I have them here but since the ratio is too steep for 130mm wheels, I could not use them on the latest build.

3 Likes

just put some together ya

would have been 270s but kevin forgot the order change while packing

uh oh @b264ā€¦ looks like iā€™ll be trading 110 for a set of tb130s @Tacesk8

2 Likes

If you like speed that will probably work fine but Iā€™m a torque guy. 2.8 ratio on the 130s is a tad fast for me.

5 Likes

lol he said 45 is the goal, think itā€™s ok.

prob should get him some split angles first :think

2 Likes

Meanwhile iā€™m not sure 86km/hr will satisfy me on bergsā€¦ pointless as i donā€™t even know if these will ship this year at least but i like to dream i guess

1 Like

Oh. Well at 12S the 2.8 ratio M1 drive on 130mm wheels is going to get you right up near 45. Probably 43mph (69km/h).

5 Likes

:sunglasses: Nice :children_crossing:

2 Likes

I prefer to build most of my boards for a top speed just over 30mph (48km/h). Like 31, 32, 33. (50, 52, 53).

Because I love the torque. Feel the POWAH and the RANGE

But I do have a board made for goinā€™ fast

9 Likes

Thats what Iā€™m talking about lol. It will take a little bit to get up to that speed, and to cruise at it comfortably. Current rolling at little over 30mph comfortably

1 Like

Can the pinion size be reduced by 1 or 2 teeth? I remember there being alittle bit of adjustment.