Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

years of development vs a few months of ripping off the design

1 Like

That’s what I was going to recommend too. If you want to stick with DKP, Omni makes a street wheel gear drive that would work. Cannot speak to their quality or anything, but they are an option.

3 Likes

It seems that Newbee are making a version for the hurricane soon so maybe it will also be street compatible

2 Likes

The speed at which id put money down for a newbee 4gs catered towards a street setup is unfathomable :joy:

3 Likes

what’s the size of the o-rings in the BNM1 anyone know? I only have one left and I don’t really feel like fishing it out of the grease pit just to measure it.

1 Like

1.5mm diameter, ID can be anywhere between 41mm and 44mm.

3 Likes

Also what material can they be made out of? I’m searching for some replacement o-rings and I’m seeing silicone, nitrile, rubber and flourocarbon

1 Like

Is there any possibility of an “extended” BNM1 being made or released in the future? To enable compatibility with larger motors like 70xx and other thicc motors

whats the number of teeth on the gears for the 2.78 ratio?

1 Like

27/75

Are these gear drives hard on bearings? The reason I ask is I was using Momentum wheels and I had one of them fail (not on the gear side). When I was swapping back to my TB110’s, I was surprised to find that one of the bearings on the gear side had failed and came apart when I took the wheel off. After the fact, I do remember thinking it was noisier than normal, but it was still working fine. I am just wondering if I need to be checking this often.

1 Like

I think as long as you’re using correct amount of spacers it shouldn’t be any worst than any other setup.

4 Likes

Will the new channel trucks have the same cross section of the current m1 adapters? Also what price should I expect and when are they going to be available? @Boardnamics

1 Like

No, way way too small. That is caliber II cross section. They’re 21mm square hangers, with the ends being 20mm squares. Hoping to get them all done by the end of this month.

Current price is looking like $100 each.

3 Likes

Will there be compatible adapters to put m1 on them later on?

1 Like

It can be done, but I really don’t think anyone would want to run urethane on these trucks. They’re significantly wider than the already wide 270mm hangers.

I’m gonna be running some 165s on m1 so ideally I’d want to do that. I could pay for a one off (4 adapters) later down the line tho

Think you’d need the hanger ends made smaller to fit m1 drives

2 Likes

Just chiming in to let Kevin know to keep up the awesome work. I regularly check the website to see what kind of new products / updates / specials might be happening and fully plan to use BN drives on future builds. I wipe my drives down every 3-4 rides to keep them looking clean.

I was gutted on the day I accidentally scuffed one of my drives on a rock, but I was also impressed by how robust their construction was and how they handled the impact.

Please keep up the development work and innovating, Kevin. This community needs products like this.

4 Likes

There are files available to print some guards for these drives if you have a 3d printer handy.

2 Likes