Boardnamics M1 Gear Drive + Other News

wow they sound really good actually - they are definitely not as quiet as some other helicals, but they still sound great - its basically like the straight cuts except without all the aspects that make spur gears sound kinda gravelly.

1 Like

These are no helicals my friend, like the unspoken words in a gay bar, they’re straight.
Although I’m gonna pick up a pair of helicals for my new build!

1 Like

lol

guess they are just nice sounding straights then

2 Likes

I agree!
My buddy told me they sound like a jet engine when you fly by.
That video was taken in a parking garage also, which definitely adds to the sound.

3 Likes

Those straight cut gears sound heavenly

5 Likes
1 Like

Soooo how’s the new stuff coming in…

I am hauling ass to LA from SD in a van sometime this week.

11 Likes

Settle down now don’t be taking my build out from under me :joy::joy::joy: especially because I kind of just fell into it.

1 Like

So excited to get some new goodies, you’re the man.

1 Like

It sucks a lot.

1 Like

You crazy bastard. You ran them with 80mm wheels? How many miles were you able to go?

1 Like

Not a lot, I could say this, being single fwd board, i had some clearance issues every 30 seconds or so

2 Likes

Did you do the Lou deck with the front wheels drive? Did you have 80s or 85mm

Anyone have an opinion on whether I should build this switchblade with m1 helicals, or BNs idler system?
I was leaning towards the belts because I can mount them reversed and have a bit more clearance for going down curbs or going to a pump track. I’d love to hear what you guys prefer though.

3 Likes

I kinda want to mount some rollers on my XL mounts because they be knocking on hella stuff. Tiny little skate wheels would be good.

2 Likes

I’ll scrape down curbs, my driveway, blah blah. Maybe we’re too low? I just need that urethane range though…

3 Likes

what u need is some unobtainium :joy:

3 Likes

Any updates on the new Shipment with everything restocked and new? How long till you’ll be Able to have pending orders completed? Can’t wait to get my gears and ride.

3 Likes

Ship is being unloaded. 99% sure next week I can ship out everything.

I have prepared everything so when I get the stuff, I can immediately get to work fulfilling.

18 Likes