Boardnamics M1 Drive NOW AVAILABLE - $159.99

Btw what grease do you use or recommend?

I include Lucas Oip Red n Tacky.

2 Likes

They are quite loud as is which some people love, others not so much. The helical version will be a bit quieter but still audible. No louder than belts

3 Likes

Is there any noticeable wear on the motor for helicals vs straight and herringbone gears? When the c clip fails you can see the can getting pushed out of the stator so the clip and bearing must be taking that wear (and I’m pretty sure most motors don’t have an angular contact bearing as the stock)

2 Likes

How did you fit the motor shaft in the drive? It only allows 22mm and the tb6388 has a 41mm shaft. If you cut the shaft down, wouldnt you be cut away most of the keyway slot? I can only think of put something between the motor and mount to fit.

1 Like

I cutted it and will cut the keyway further into the shaft, I have not done this yet.

1 Like

This is a lot more difficult than it seems

7 Likes

I know because I have tried :rofl:, I’m not sure of how I’m going to approach this next time but I always can try to hand file it the 0’5 cm I have left.

You need to use a mill and something that looks like this

Or you can use a 3mm endmill but that’s generally before it’s case-hardened that they do that.

4 Likes

Oh, okay! Good to receive advice from someone who has done it before. I will look in my father’s shop because I for sure don’t have that

1 Like

Or just use the proper retaining compound with the proper cleaning and application

Does a shorter key can be used? If yes, that more the retaining compound it’s plenty

3 Likes

I agree a shorter key is fine.

The shaft I pictured above didn’t have a keyway at all.

4 Likes

If a shorter key can be used then i have no problem as i have the needed retaining compound.

4 Likes

Yo hol the fuck up @longhairedboy damon bro did you order these with proper shaft length for m1’s and i had no idea??

Forgive the potato pic i was tryna hold 4 things with 2 hands

3 Likes

Looks close, you have to measuring from the can not from the c-clip. Also looks like your ruler has a mm/2 buffer. You might need to shave a couple MM off by the looks of it

1 Like

Yeah i think my rulers stupid. Maybe it shrank.

4 Likes

Guys do you know what the profile of the bn 220 hangers is? @Boardnamics

I’m not gonna ruler shame, as they can be quite handy , but a caliper is a really versatile tool worthy of investment.
I use a super cheap one from harbor freight

6 Likes

Yes ive had several times where i needed one, i improvise usually. Fun fact! If you or anyone you live with smoke cigarettes, specifically 100’s, you can use them as a mm ruler, and theyre excellent for measuring bolts. XD

1 Like

It’s been posted before if you search. I’m mobile right now so it’s hard to find

2 Likes