Boardnamics M1 Drive NOW AVAILABLE - $159.99

Probably nice to print a lid for that as well and use double sided foam tape to put it on

1 Like

Can I use this with BN220 with dual 6384?

1 Like

As long as they arenā€™t longer than 87mm.

2 Likes

I thought about that but the hole for the bearing has to be more like a slot because the motor needs the ability to adjust to get the backlash right.

In an ideal world, this would work because the motor would be in the same place for everyone (same gearing) but the thought of a fixed center distance like that scares me a little. I might try a rubber v ring instead of a bearing, something with some more room for positional error. You wouldnā€™t be able to change gear ratios though

Iā€™m curious though, so Iā€™ll run some tolerance stacking numbers to see if this is in any way possible because I do hate cutting motor shafts

8 Likes

Extra hanger and wheel adapters going up separately in a few days

4 Likes

I believe 3ds and trampa are running fixed gears? Maybe its fun to do the whooshboards locking system for the bearing so you can still have the bearing, but in different positions for bigger pinions.

In your prototypes, did you try a fixed center distance? In theory should work, at least in a V2 once you can check what is the perfect CC spacing, and since the trucks are also yours you have full control of everything

Iā€™ll what I can come up with. A bearing, not so sure, but definitely a light v ring.

Fixed center distance means no changing of the ratio. Would require 2 new parts (expensive). I never tried it in my testing

2 Likes

I dont think it matters that much with those slim gears either.

1 Like

How about just making spacers to move the motor away a few mm, so some shafts donā€™t have to be cut? Thatā€™s what I did on my E-Toxx hubs using the 4mm motor mount plates that came with my old Tacon or SK3 motors. Probably wonā€™t work for all motors like Torqueboards with their 100ā€™ long shafts, but should widen options for plug and play motors.

3 Likes

The only worry is that youā€™re increasing the load on the bearing by moving the force applied further from it.

Iā€™m totally gonna try it though.

9 Likes

Whatā€™s the C-C distance though? Is a projecting motor shaft gonna be close to the (TB110) wheel?

1 Like

Dude. Sell motors. You have made your own demand.

3 Likes

Everyone and their dog sells motors these days

7 Likes

TorqueBoards has motors covered, damn their motors are nice

2 Likes

and they have nice shafts

5 Likes

Iā€¦mustā€¦notā€¦comment. :zipper_mouth_face:

12 Likes

before you ask yes, you need these gear drives.

3 Likes

I am a HUGE fan of integrating the electronics and tight drive trains.
Being a pitiful esk8 noob though I donā€™t know enough to understand if these would fit what I want to do (I really need to get posting my build questions) but after looking at them I just want to design my board around them. :grin:

9 Likes

board?