Boardnamics M1 Drive NOW AVAILABLE - $159.99

got it
maybe its also time u start selling modified motors to go with ur kit :rofl:
i wouldn’t mind paying extra just for the service lol

3 Likes

But which ones? :rofl:

Maybe :eyes:

I’d totally cut motor shafts as a service but the shipping back and forth might ruin it for most.

5 Likes

Is it possible to buy a dual gear drive set with both kegel and berg adapters?? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Not sure when you plan on buying, but maybe we can ship both ur heatsinks and drives in the same box to save you a bit.

2 Likes

Slick looking drives Kevin! Cool to see the iteration process.

I might have to snag a single drive kit for my shorty, just have to check some weight and fitment.

3 Likes

earliest would be 7th, but its a saturday…so might delay til 9th if they are still in stock :rofl:

2 Likes

Ok lol. I will be able to ship heatsinks before that, but I can wait if you want to. Just lmk. Would hate for you to have to pay for expensive intl shipping twice.

2 Likes

its alright man, i always think of it as import tax just to make myself feel better :rofl:

3 Likes

Great job Kevin! You are a true craftsman :+1:t2:

5 Likes

How wide ? I mean how much more space does it takes on the trucks compared to a traditional belt drive ?

2 Likes

I guess what you want to know is the longest motors that can be used on the 184, 220, and 270 (lol) hangers?

4 Likes

Asked this in PM. Kev advised: on 220mm it is 174mm, so on 270mm, it is 224mm, enough for any pair of 63mm motors.

4 Likes

It takes up 23mm of hanger length.

3 Likes

What does the 270 adapter consist of? Is it a bearing that can be user replaceable? Something else?
I’m a bit on the fence now and the obvious cheaper option is to use them with the 220’s i already have, but later on i would fancy some 270’s

The 270 adapter is like the 220 adapter but with a 10mm bore and 1mm longer length to compensate for the fact that the hub uses a 6900 bearing instead of a 608. Adapters can be purchased separately so you could add 270mm adapters to your order for future use.

2 Likes

I do not seem to find the adapters separately? Where are they hiding on your site?
Also, could do with some fixed axles for 220 as well

So dual 6369 on the BN184s or a single 63161?

Now to find a 63161…

3 Likes

A what now? I don’t believe you.

I’d be tempted by the dual setup just because a tight, compact drivetrain gets me all hot.

I always pause at this 70160. Mounting it would take a little extra effort, and the shaft has a giant hole in it and would need some work regardless. I guess if you were considering inrunners, it’d be a different story anyway.

3 Likes

What are your thoughts on drilling a 8mm hole in the face of the casing? That way we will never need to cut a motor shaft

If there is an issue with dirt ingress then a sealed bearing should keep it clean

3 Likes