Boardnamics 270mm Hangers + Surfrodz 10-8 Fixed Axles

Haha guess that’s why you don’t spend under 10 minutes on CAD.

I am not having these made, but if I were to, they would be made out of steel and last forever.

4 Likes

It would be pretty cheap to get some water jet or laser cut steel pieces like this. It might look a bit rough but who cares if it’s just a drilling guide

1 Like

Yes they would be laser cut from 10mm mild steel. Would cost around $3-4 each

5 Likes

If its just a drilling guide u can just drill straight and use a piece of paper/ wood.

Comon guys iprovise a bit :woozy_face: although it would be handy to add some holes :thinking:

Hey Kevin What’s going on man I placed an order on the 19th and I was given a tracking number but I’m not seeing any activity on it what so ever. I’ve reached out a few times with no response via message on here and email also. I’m just trying to find out what’s up with that order? Are the parts all backordered or something? Please let me know it’s much appreciated. Thanx

3 Likes

Im very low on stock and may have to close my store temporarily until the next shipment arrives late September

2 Likes

oh shit lemmie check out real quick haha

U got discounts for $600 orders? :dizzy_face:

Yes, PM me. Not a lot left right now.

1 Like

discounts?

OH NO

3 Likes

@Boardnamics was it not possible to put the extended axle length in addition to the step?

If I want to run 6X2’s they would need 10mm bearings :frowning_face:

2 Likes

I’m running into the same dilemma.
Bn220+6x2+ hummie deck = wheelbite
Bn270+ ???+ Hummie deck = better
One solution seems to be changing bearings or buying new hubs from dickyho for 5.5usd a piece with 10mm bearings already in, then using 10mm shoulder bolts

3 Likes

yo @dickyho hit my DMs :flushed:

Oh my actual solution is using TB160 at wheels with the pulley running a 10mm id bearing. Clutch then that I have two sets of those wheels and two sets of BN270

Then the 6x2 work perfectly on the haggy truck kits that I have.

Glad I worked that out.

2 Likes

I think you need to write to him. Shipping is another 4, 8 or 15usd depending on location
He has 6x2 inner tubes for like $3 as well, plus all his fancy machined stuff if you’re making an order after all.

Keep in mind you may have to file or add a speed ring on hub spacers. I had problems with 2. One too small one too big, 2 perfect size

Also, since the shoulder bolts are 10mm you can probably dare to go 90mm and have like 18mm from the hanger to the first hub bearing

2 Likes

You can potentially use only half of the 10mm hub with the other half being 8mm. Cut a 15mm tube spacer and have it fit perfectly on the 25mmx8mm axle part
This also removes any bearing overtightening problems but pulling the wheels out and back in will become a proper task lol

2 Likes

I noticed this before I mounted them up actually. Like these bearings are really tight and those spacers very loose haha. Will try to knock them out somehow (oh wait you split it to take the bearings out right)

I think I am good for the moment but more hubs would be great.

I was thinking something along the lines of running one 8mm id and one 10mm id bearing in each wheel nahaha

2 Likes

I just realised something
If you buy 2 10mm hubs, assuming you already have the 8mm ones, they are enough.
The front ones you only need the halves with the thread to be inwards on the 10mm axle part, and in the back, assuming you use dickyho’s 60/44T pulley, you need the larger part with no thread to be 10mm

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Yo Kevin what’s up man just trying to figure out what the deal is with my order I placed and I thought we worked out the kinks but then u went ghost on me. I know u don’t have much of anything left in stock but u did tell me u had the Baseplates which is all I need at this point since the rest isn’t available. Can we please get this resolved ASAP so that I can get the remaining parts elsewhere.

5 Likes

Were 10mm axles without a step for these ever made?

@Boardnamics

Try shoulder bolts. They’re standard size and never come off, even with 0 threadlocker

1 Like