Board of Theseus | 10s4p 30q | Unity | TBDD | Flipsky VX1

Strange. The link from his Facebook page was dead :man_shrugging:t2:

can 11s4p 18650 fit?

1 Like

With some super crafty battery work, yeah for the 12s enclosure. Might not have space for a BMS tho

E aparently a 12s4p 18650 can fit but I’ll believe it when I see it :thinking:

1 Like

With a small BMS I think 11s4p would work. I’ve laid out the cells before and it would be tight but possible.

The next battery in this thing is definitely going to be higher voltage. What cells in what format is still up in the air but I appreciate the discussion. I will update my thread accordingly for sure!

2 Likes

Went for an amazing ride today. A quarter turn looser on the trucks can do wonders for better carving! I love the new Metr autologging feature. I’m trying to get as much data as possible so I can figure out what kind of real world miles I would get with various pack configurations. Leaning toward as 12s3p for many reasons but mainly because I just don’t go farther than 12-15 miles 95% of the time :man_shrugging:

Metr Log

Skate on, social distance, wash your hands, etc, etc. We will get through this!

3 Likes

I did a full teardown, tune-up, and routed the deck for some better aesthetics. I should have taken out a little more material but I can always do that later and I didn’t wanted to compromise the deck. Also rotated the Tb 110’s 78A. Interestingly after ~7 months, I could notice a small difference (maybe 0.5mm- 1mm) in diameter between the front wheels and the drive wheel. Cleaned and lubed all bearings. I also unscrewed my front axels and re-loctited them (I didn’t even realize they were removable :sweat_smile:)

5 Likes

With the imminent release of the Stormcore and the FlexiBMS, I figured I’d again share my thoughts about upgrading my 10s4p battery. Based on my research, I want to move to the Sony/Murata VTC5D cell (or Molicell P28A) due to it’s exceptional capacity and discharge.

I think I am going to try and cram an 11s4p in the eBoosted 10s4p enclosure with a FlexiBMS if possible. No other BMS option would work and I don’t think I am willing to go without balancing nor straight up BMS-less. This would give me the largest power increase without having to switch to Stormcore.

Alternatively, I can go fricken nuts and get a Stormcore 100D and make a 14s3p :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I know it’s kinda sudden but I have been thinking about it… I am considering throwing the board up for sale. I live in a non-bike/eskate friendly place near Asheville so I could use the money better for a new car. I can make a separate post about that but my car is totaled. Shred on, I love this community.

2 Likes

Hey everyone, it’s been a long time without much posting. I’m still rocking the board as described. I haven’t done anything to it besides maintenance. I wanted to reach out to anyone who might have an idea of what’s going on in my build currently. I’ve noticed a few things that may help explain what’s going on.

The issue is that my board is losing power and sometimes braking capability.

1. METR reports an overvoltage fault when the incident occurs (keep in mind the battery is 42V max charge).
  2. The board would sometimes lose power over bumpy terrain and then power would return.
  3. If I tighten the battery enclosure down, the reported voltage would drop down to near 0. Motors would barely turn if I engage throttle.

My initial thought is that some wiring may have become exposed after all these years and something is shorting. I’d appreciate any feedback or ideas. Hopefully, I’ll be able to diagnose the issue and fix it once I have access to my tools again.

1 Like

Maybe some xt plugs are broken or a plug came lose and you havent noticed it. Sometimes if hub motors or dd are hit hard bumbs they seem to cut off for a second. Have had this phenomenon one time, but dont know if them motors did the short cut off or maybe something different happened inside the board.
I would check all plugs first. Maybe the battery is damaged bc of a lose connection.

1 Like