BMS Thread - Smart BMS / Which do you use?

first, android or iOS app? Second, download a bluetooth scanner or something and see if you can find the bluetooth id from the bms. If not then it might be the bluetooth module.

Android, my phone sees it, but says needs app to connect. When I try to use the app it just keeps waiting and waiting, then nothing

1 Like

you might have the wrong android app. The android app I have is the older version. If you download the android app from the Google App store then it’s not the correct one and it’s very buggy.

The strange thing is it works on my old llt bms. I’ll try to download the app again from llt

1 Like

Allright… i’m quite a “noob” concerning the electronics in my baby ; the FluxMotion board. This is why i bought the complete :call_me_hand: as it functions totally fault-free and it’s been super reliable and super fun :sunglasses:

But ! Now here it is ; when i am charging it with my 10 Amp charger , it always charges at max 7 amps… My “daily” charger is a 4amp , i like the idea of slow charging. But the bigger amp is convenient when wanting to charge along the way / on route , but 7 amps is kind of slow when you’re “on the go”. It never exceeds 7amps ; even when the battery is almost ‘dead’…

Can it be that the BMS settings are set at a max allowed amps of 7a? I have the “free version” Xiaoxiang bms app on Iphone.

Here’s a screenshot while charging:

Could it be i Need to use the paid version of this App ? It offers “Writing parameters to BMS” …
Sadly i wouldnt know where to start but with the free Version i have now you cant do anything but monitor…

Help needed :wink:

Yea on ios you need to pay for the app

1 Like

can you see there is something wrong in the settings then , that need changing ? Many thanks !

Highly unlikely that the bms is limited to 7A, im not sure but if it was limited ato 7 and the charger was trying to push 10a it would give you over current errors. Probably the 10A charger is actually 7A

1 Like

Yeah this happens from time to time. My 6A charger usually only pushes like 4.5A. It’s annoying

3 Likes

Because this has been a ongoing problem i ofcourse contacted Frederic about this…
Always ready to help he jumped into action and has already send me a couple of chargers to check if this had cured the problem… None did.

Frederic measured/checked the last charger i received today (new batch supposably) and said it charges at 10A …

It does’nt; 7A… again! So now i’m starting my own investigation and trying to inform myself…

So most probably not the MBS ? Gonna have a closer look at this charger…
hmm… strange

Most chargers have an efficiency of about 85%. My 12A charger will max 10A.

2 Likes

I’ve had a similar issue on a pack that’s not in use yet so I haven’t fixed it. From my understanding, you need to use either the iPhone pay app or the PC software to calibrate the charging amperage.

If you read up and down from that post, it explains it a little bit.

^^ cheers guys…
yeah I went ahead and bought the “pro” version yesterday before going any further.

As far as my nooby-eyes could see ; some settings were not as they should be. for example “total capacity-10000mah”… the Flux is more like 35000mah,or…? Just one example…

Anyway i better have a look at all this data with somebody who actually knows what he’s doin’ :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’m afraid of doing/setting something wrong with these battery driven monsters ; they have a bad rep of burning down houses because of mishaps

1 Like

some of those settings for pack size and such just affect the displayed values in the app.

I don’t think the BMS limits charge rate in any designed way. only blocks charge on fault.

2 Likes

So it also might affect the data showing charge -Amps ? Could very well be charging at circa 10A but showing just 7A because of this ?

I don’t think so. I think all the settings in Xioxiang BMS app under “capacity configuration” are all about displaying info on the main page of the app. but I am guessing.

there’s a current calibration page in the Xiaoxiang app.
anyone know what that’s about what tthat’s for? how to use it?

the docs are actually empty.

any chance it’s related to properly measuring the charge current? and part of @LexHoja’s problem?

1 Like

pedro already answering above.

thanks @PedroMcJimenez and @LexHoja i’m pretty happy to have learned that calibration of voltage and current readings is posssible.

2 Likes

@LexHoja I would say your next step is to go somwehere where someone can measure your charge current while charging.

validate that against the BMS reading, if they are way off, calibrate the BMS current readings.