BMS Thread - Smart BMS / Which do you use?

You can still use the etray, You need to find a way to remove those Pressed in Mounts that elevate the Stock BMS PCB (forgot how i did that) possibly brute force.

Then Drill new holes for the BMS. Reuse the fuse cables to solder to the Smart BMS, (make sure you follow their guide on what to plug in first.

1 Like

Can you post some pictures as a guideline. I am still putting together the battery ATM but will remove the Trey next.

1 Like

The llt fits

1 Like

Leave the 2 off sets that screw the power meter down. I removed everything else.
I used locking pliers and bruit force.
Remove the little plug that’s left.

1 Like

Leave these screws in.
Cut the fuse off the old bms. In the pic above it’s screwed to the bed bms with offset riser.

Did u use charge only or charge/discharge wire config?

I got c- P- and B- solder slots on mine. I got the 60A version though

I got the cheapest lowest power level one for charge only confit, stil using the fuse

1 Like

When you say firmware,
You talking actual firmware or just setting in the firmware that can be done on iOS or pc.

2 Likes

I believe it was an actual firmware change I found on endless sphere but I think it may have just been the same as changing the settings to be 12s.

1 Like

Heres another BMS i heard about long ago https://www.energusps.com/shop/product/tiny-bms-s516-150a-750a-36

30A version, and a 150-750A version O_O. the price is high - pretty much apears to be a DieBieMS - with UART and CAN functions on the 150A version… Also apears smaller than DieBieMS. - to good to be true?

Basically.
It’s not exactly a discharge BMS like DieBie, it does high discharge through a relay and a current shunt (sensor).
Discharging directly through it is 60A continuous max and you need a heatsink for that.

I considered it before but now just waiting for Flexi. 6 months with no BMS and cells are still perfectly balanced. :crazy_face:

What smart bms should I bulk buy for everyone

1 Like

10S and 12S and… 20S?

Link?

1 Like

They all mostly come from one place no? I figure you would already have them in a chat.

https://www.lithiumbatterypcb.com/product/20s-lithium-smart-bluetooth-battery-bms-with-50a-constant-current/

idk more people should chime in also I bet there will be more BMS options in the future.

1 Like

Fill the rest of the DieBieMs orders so batch 4 can go into production :slight_smile:

Or the LTT Smart Bms (they seem to do up to 80A dischange now) and can communicate over CAN Bus/UART

Wait. I can get batch 4 started. Need to re read this thread

2 Likes

Question, does anyone know why the charge is off and how to turn it on.

One of your temperature sensors is disconnected

4 Likes

Hey guys, I just built a 12s2p pack and used the llt bms, for some reason I cannot connect to it with the app. Anyone have any ideas? I have one on my Indigo board with zero issues… thoughts?

3 Likes