Blutstern - Rocket longboard, 10s6p, 4WD 58KV China Direct Drive

The elofty DDs with the esk8supply airless at wheels. I killed one half of one dual mini makerx so I’m waiting for the replacement to be delivered. I’m more than curious how it will ride :slight_smile:

9 Likes

8 Likes

That should be the winter setup.

1 Like

That and to ride tougher bike paths so I don’t have to carry in between and can drive to work with one charge (I hope so)

let us know how the wheels ride! :slight_smile:

1 Like

For sure :slight_smile: It looks like I’m getting my dual makerx today so I’ll report back later :slight_smile:
edit: Argh, forgot about the baseplate problem :smiley: Maybe I’m lucky and they’ll arrive too :slight_smile:
editedit: Oh noo, they didn’t make it, sad. :smiley: But I got the ESC so I’ll prepare everything for when they arrive :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Looking forward to see the progression!:grin:
(new updates in my thread :wink:)

On Tuesday weather is getting better and I can go for a test flight :airplane:
It’s a split angle setup, the DKP baseplate without the upper part top mounted in the back and the full DKP in the front mounted drop-through. It resulted in almost exactly the same height on both sides

Curious about how it rides, looks good.
edit: VESC Tool determined 30A/-30A per motor, I adjusted it to 45A/-45A, now its strong enough to move me from stillstand. Btw, the whole thing is now 15,5 kilos :rofl: I want to go out badly but the weather is total crap right now :frowning:

5 Likes

Dude that sounds like a sweet carver. Looking forward to ride report.

1 Like

Oh, I just realized that I forgot to write WHY I needed a new Dual Mini Makerx :smiley: I blew one half when I fiddled around with the Arduino unneccesarily. It slipped my hand and fell on the anti spark poles that were not protected at that time. It fried the Arduino, the LED Matrix (maybe only the driver but for now its unusable) and one half of the dual mini (it seems that only the STM is fried, need to swap it but I have no skills for that right now. Want to learn smd assembly, we got a really good soldering station at work now :)) Since the Matrix didn’t work in bright sunlight I now want to use a e-ink display nonetheless. It seems to be fast enough for speed values when you only update the specific region, lets see :slight_smile:
The back is only 0.5 cm higher than the front :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Charging for tomorrow :sunglasses:

1 Like

pls let me know how AT wheels ride on lofty drives :slight_smile:

1 Like

Inside my appartment they ride very smooth :smiley:

1 Like

Remembered my old phone :star_struck:

3 Likes

They ride really smooth. I have no comparison to real pneumies but I love these. I had some cogging in between on the rear drive but I think its because I did not remove enough enamel. I had to shorten the wires and used a file with that. Later I discovered the torch feature of my dremel gas soldering tool so the wires of the front drive seem to be ok. In this first ride I was very careful, here are the numbers:

On the track was a gap between asphalt which is really evil but even this one was no problem for the wheels :slight_smile: Looking forward to testing them further :slight_smile:

Settings were 25A/-10A battery and 45A/-45A motors per side of an ESC. Braking was strong but not too strong, apart from the cogging in the rear drive the motors also were strong, made it up the steep passage I tested with every drive so far without issues (even with the rear cogging)

4 Likes

Weird that you only pushed -6A to the battery braking… wonder what kind of affect upping the negative battery settings might have.

Any idea how hot the motors got?

1 Like

You’ll have oppertunity soon for some real pnummies. :wink:

1 Like

If you didn’t tell me I might have overlooked it :slight_smile: I’m not sure if its normal or not. As far as I read this value is never really reached, thats why you could set it higher than your max charge rate. I expected it higher than -6 though :slight_smile: I heard something that the battery min value is responsible for the high speed braking, the motor min is for low speed (which I only had). The drives where only handwarm but I only went for 2km.
@Mainflow Nice :slight_smile: Looking forward to it. Mid January we’ll get a car so I’m more flexible for grouprides.

Btw, Steering was still a bit too soft for my liking, have to get harder bushings for the rear.

1 Like

You know mtb :grin:

Mhhh, it wasn’t the enamel coating :frowning: Now I’ll try adding another capacitor as I did in the front since one of the caps on the makerX went loose (tried to fix it but it might have been not successful :frowning: )
I really wonder why no error shows up in the logs…

2 Likes