BLACKLIGHT - Elofty Direct Drive / Focbox Unity / 97mm Abec Clones / 10s Swappable Lipo / DIY 3D Printed 2-part Enclosure / Skateshred Deck w/ glass & 3d printed frit

are these special sized bearings? or the regular skate bearings?

what if you dont use sensors?

‘lightweight’ he said :joy::joy:

1 Like

How heavy is the completed build?

Much bigger… Check out the Lofty thread I list bearing sizes and numbers

1 Like

My TB 4.12(FOC) heated up and my motors heated up to 100C after 4 miles of uphill riding. Also battery didn’t last as long before.

I will check and report back

Did you test consumption and heating with the increasing sensorless ERPM trick on the same riding conditions and saw a major improvement?

Yep. My all time average consumption is now 16Wh/km with elofty and aliexpress pneumatics wheels. Before it was 18Wh/Km

2 Likes

Nice
Will add some sensors in my ebike one to see if improve things, mostly interested if the low speed torque gets better

It did get better for me for sure.

2 Likes

I’m gonna have to print some adapters with better layer adhesion lol

5 Likes

What material is that?

PLA+

I’ve printed all my pulleys out of it with no issue, but I have a feeling these adapters were tests that printed fine so I was like “good enough”

Clearly they are not good enough. Gonna do some at 0.1 resolution with 100% infill and it should be good :+1:

1 Like

0.1 resolution is not as important as increasing the number of walls and 100% infill.

3 Likes

Doesn’t better resolution help a bit with layer adhesion too?

It can help with layer adhesion to use lower layer heights.

You’re better off exploring the post processing tools if you’re using cura. Modify the temperature at the layers around where it sheared to be a few degrees higher and reduce the part cooling fan speed in those layers as well. That will do the most for layer adhesion.

If that doesn’t work try a polycarbonate or ABS if you can

2 Likes

Actually I 100% agree on reducing the part cooling fan speed. I have no fan on my 3D printer and produce parts like this. I never had any layer adhesion issues.

The last one is nylon 910. It’s crazy strong. At $30/kg shipped(amazon prime), there is nothing like it.

1 Like

I don’t think I can print nylon on my ender?

Start off with no cooling fan, 6 walls 100% infill. Then reduce layer height if needed. It should do it, if not, then move to PETG.

1 Like