Bioboards 65100 motor - finally time for a very powerful and durable motor

I‘m on 10mm motor shafts from day one and never had issues to find pulleys, sprockets or gears with 10mm bore.
One advantage I definitely see with 8mm shaft is that you can get lower teeth count on gears and sprockets and/or a keyway where there wouldn’t be space for one if the bore would be 10mm.

18 Likes

Another super random advantage to 10mm shafts is that retaining compounds will prefer it. More surface area and the surface is subject to less shear force for the same torque.

Same applies for set screws

12 Likes

*MR60

2 Likes

Stator dimensions? Same size bearings as most 63mm I would think too.

1 Like

is there a way to put a longer shaft? I quite like Belt Drives and the one I’m using (Trampa Open Belt Drive) used 15mm between motor and pulley

2 Likes

Any news on them? Is the waiting time still 45/70 days?

I broke the magnets in my Saite 63100 after more than 1500km, I am in need of beefy/reliable/not heating up so fast motors, and @mackann, your motors is ticking all my needs.

3 Likes

im also in need of good motors and those look great. i sent an e email this week but no replay yet… @mackann any news on those?

1 Like

They came back to me by mail, and said they would need 70 days as the motors need to be fine tuned before being sold

2 Likes

like with some kind of tuning fork?

I’m sure they sound fine

4 Likes

thanks for the update.
dont know if i should wait then, these sure look like they worth it though

After several batches of test them to make them perfect they are finnaly ready.

Only a few available to order here:

Will ship in 15-30 days

21 Likes

Wow those are some beefy motors. Talk about battle hardened!

3 Likes

quick! before @b264 buys up the entire stock ;p

1 Like

Does encasing the field windings like that result in a trade off between robustness and thermals?

1 Like

Except the only thing that ever broke on the original version was the big end bearing and that’s not really been addressed here.

1 Like

In my experience, not really.

Dis my pile of deads.

Overheat?
Damage to magnets?
Sensor failure?

Nope, every single one died of bearing failure long before anything else broke.

I have yet to be able to fix one.

7 Likes

They can, can’t say how I know, but I’ve taking apart and putting together a similar motor at least 20 times in the past weeks

The big bearing is press fit on the motor body, and with a slight tight fit on the can

Pretty easy to open the motor, but you need to make a jig with a lever, just pulling the can will get you nowhere

To take the bearing out, you need a bearing puller (that thing with 3 claws that you turn a threaded rod to pull the bearing out, forgot the right name in English)

To put a bearing in, as a old teacher of mine you say, you need a lot of faith. Just kidding, but ideally you need a press with an purpose made adapter to press it in, and another adapter so you don’t put any force on the windings.

The janky way I’ve been doing since it’s my own motors and won’t go to a customer is using another spare bearing and a piece of wood to really carefully and slowly hammer them in, as soft blow of the hammer as possible, and going all around the circumference

5 Likes

Once I got the right-ish puller tool, swapping out that bearing was a doddle.

[Edit] Fwiw, the image does look like it uses a higher quality sealed bearing than Maytech normally carries.

7 Likes

Any word on the performance and reliability of these motors? I’m looking to purchase a set for a high performance build, but haven’t heard any reviews yet. Thanks

6 Likes