Bioboards 65100 motor - finally time for a very powerful and durable motor

It was like that because of the big support bearing. The big support bearing caused more problem then good. It’s silicone cable now

3 Likes

amazing thanks
these motors seem super awesome
def worth it

1 Like

Will these be available without the ridiculously big sensor wire plug?

5 Likes

It takes a diy builder 5 min to convert it to a jst vesc connector if you don’t like it.

6 Likes

A gues would be 30-40 more.

2 Likes

Yeah. But that wasn’t my question. If you sold a model without jazzy connectors for a little less, I think there’d be a market for it. But thanks for your comment.

3 Likes

Yes that would be a great idea. But the company is to small to order different version for same motors atm.

5 Likes

Literally ONE DAY after I purchase new motors…

9 Likes

Currently they’re both :joy:

I think it’s necessary on motor designs like this where the can being wedged just a small bit will start to scrape against the stator due to the length of the motor. Either there needs to be a support bearing (ideally one that can be easily replaced if it dies, and preferably not exposed to the elements), or the can and shaft need to be locked together better, like Neumotors do.

5 Likes

Do you have a photo of the mount side of the motor? Do the bearings stick out?

edit: I extracted one from your site

5 Likes

whyyyyyyy

4 Likes

Why not? Their is several pulleys avaible for belt drive and most gear drive maker supports 10mm

7 Likes

Jesus, aren’t diy’iers picky…

16 Likes

Basically… lol

1 Like

Hi Marcus, Nice motors :nerd_face:

I would love the following specified (pretty standard motor parameters);

Whats the idle current in the motor? Bigger motors are notorious for drawing a few amps when doing nothing.

Whats the meassured efficiency of the motor?

Inductance? Resistance?

9 Likes

oh could we get some videos of um :eyes: Testing :eye:

2 Likes

Because with more power and torque the 8mm shaft becomes too vulnerable. I’ve seen quite a few broke 8mm shafts

8 Likes

This is probbaly more so down to quality of the shaft, I’ve never had an issue with 8mm shafts on quality modors

10 Likes

Do you have a ball park time frame on the preorder? Not the time it will take for the production but how long you plan on keeping this offer available?

3 Likes

I hear this, but have only seen like 1 photo ever and I suspect it’s because they hit a curb with the pulley.

The real problem is the thousands of pulleys and drives that all have 8mm bores and there’s not really a good reason to change it if there aren’t breakages, seems like adding incompatibility and cost for no reason at all.

8 Likes