Bigger than Boosted build log (42” vanguard, 18s4p, m1 drives)

@eBoosted for future versions of this enclosure could you add another 5mm to the height. That would compensate for the concave of the footwells.

2 Likes

I have desecrated the sacred deck

but why

1 Like

A 44” wheel base

3 Likes

Can you forward-mount the motors with that longboi setup?

2 Likes

No. The motor hits the bracket and deck.
Maybe with a smaller drop bracket, but not this one.

3 Likes

When I stand on it it’s too close to the ground, so I’m adding risers. The trouble is I need new screws that are long enough. If anyone else does this get a flex 1 deck so that you can run it on urethane without risers.

2 Likes

Intrigued on how this is going to feel carving now.

4 Likes

@IDEA may have something that fit. Search for “Idea deck with brackets”

3 Likes

The board flexes and hits the ground without large risers. With the risers the brackets hardly do anything. I suspect they will not be used with thane at least on the front.

In the long run I’ll probably buy a flex 1 deck.

2 Likes

It felt lovely, but it kept hitting the ground I’m trying with only the back bracket now.

Anyone got a flex 1 vanguard they’d sell me?

1 Like

You could probably put a layer or two of glass on the bottom of the deck to stiffen it up a little bit.

6 Likes

I don’t really work with fiberglass.
Anyone in Austin know how to do that?

4 Likes

What do you weigh?

185 plus gear

7 miles, it’s pretty great. The back drop makes it super stable, but my back foot went numb real quick. I’m going to print a sloped foot stop to fix the rear footwell.

Since I’ve already cut the tips I might go further: drill my own rear truck mounting holes, and chop more off the tip. I think I could shorten the wheel base by an inch. Not sure it’s worth the work.

I’ll probably fiber glass it or switch decks first.

2 Likes

Why are you using brackets with this deck in the first place? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Edit: Oh, because they only work reverse mounted at a super low angle, so you’re using the bracket to simulate a carver deck’s angled tip? lmao

I don’t have a solution for you then. Either ditch the gear drives, because gear drives have too low clearance on urethane anyway, or get smaller motors and wider trucks so that you can have the motors straight above the hanger. Might need thin brackets from Idea or something to make it work though.

1 Like

That is a massive extension to the wheelbase that deck was designed for.

If I were you I 'd be taking this back to the drawing board.

7 Likes

The brackets are not needed for the gear drives. They just lower the deck, which Is nice.

1 Like

Hmm, well in that case…

Since you’ve mutilated the deck already…

Go drop through! :laughing:

1 Like