Bigger than Boosted build log (42” vanguard, 18s4p, m1 drives)

Yeah his setup works because of the tkp extending the wheelbase. With rkp it’s not happening. Hopefully a future revision can shrink the rear enclosure a bit to allow inside mounting. @eBoosted

3 Likes

I’m going to grind the 270 hanger tomorrow and see if i can fit it. I also have gbomb composite brackets on the way.

1 Like

@defiantboardsociety’s BN 280s would solve this issue i think? When are you selling the hangers?

I recall someone was selling these prototype hangars.

@Shadowfax i also have a particular Savage TKP that @Savage1 machined so that the M1 street drives work, by allowing the gears to engage without hitting the hangar. Older savage TKPs won’t work.

4 Likes

Yep. I recently modified 8 hangers to accommodate the BN M1 streets. Machining was done to the inside of the hanger like this…

I also include adapters machined to match the m1’s, and they are machined to a .75” hex, as are the hangers. (22mm is too large for the m1’s).

This particular set, is for a 4wd m1 sent to New Zealand

9 Likes

These trucks are amazing, stable at speed and carvy too. I was able to hit 38-39 mph on the mad 105s (101mm). I did change up my bushing setup for a bit even more carve.

@rosco is this set for you dude!? Going to upgrade the Night Train?

2 Likes

That’s the plan :blush: :ok_hand:

1 Like

Haha first thought was Nick Vertue. Even better that it’s @rosco :partying_face:

2 Likes

Nice!!! I like around 30 mph, but I’m not a speed freak. Just like cruising.:+1:t3:

4 Likes

Success, I had to rasp by hand because my dremal is too loud, but they fit now. Theres also 3mm of spacers inside each clamp.

2 Likes

Does it clear the baseplate too?

It does. You can only do this with 270s 220s would not clear the baseplate. This is the newer model adjustable base plate too. So it should work with both new and old baseplates.

2 Likes

These are new motors and they already look like shit, due to me trying to fit them on somehow.

I know the feeling, I dropped my new motors after getting them and dented it slightly.

2 Likes

What steel do you use for the axels?

1 Like

17-4 PH Stainless steel

2 Likes

1 Like

Isn’t he the guy with that bizarre nazi themed board?

edit - yes, lol. Cringe

I put it together the other night, but had some issues. After debugging I’ve determined my flipsky motors scream above 60% duty cycle. I thought maybe it was damage from cutting the shafts, but it’s not. I have three brand new 6374 140kv motors, the spare is unmodified but screams just the same.

The other issue I’ve bumped into is enclosure fitment. Without the double stack battery the enclosure fits like a glove with it I need 6mm of neoprene gasket.

I’ve switched to 9mm of gasket witch allowed me to add padding on the top and velcro on the bottom of the battery.

1 Like

Yeah dude the screaming is the reason I’ve moved away from those motors. Too much for me.

1 Like