Bigfoot | TB130 | Dogstar Stubbie | Unity Super Single | 10S3P 30Q [SRO]

I have no complaints about the motor performance at all, I’m running it at 160A motor max and it’s keeping up just dandy :smiley: :metal:

3 Likes

More powerful than the tb6380?

Well it’s not a fair comparison using this Unity Super Single configuration to drive it, I’ll have to try to get a TB6380 set up on the same ESC and see what’s up.

I’ve never had an ESC that could be pushed this hard.

I also probably need to swap the 10S5P in the Green One into this skate so I can crank up the battery current some more.

2 Likes

As it’s set up now, this thing is balls to the walls with power at low to mid speeds. It tapers off on the high end due to battery constraints.

2 Likes

But more important question : can you fry an egg on the motor bell ?

4 Likes

I will check it out, but all the times I’ve checked before it wasn’t that hot.

4 Likes

A single motor with a 5p bat ? How come ? Do you have some reading of the actual consumption ?
I’m curious to see how much of the 160A you can actually draw

2 Likes

I’m working to get that data, there is no logging at the moment. Right now the Red One is on the bench, then after that, Bigfoot will get some more features. Bigfoot is currently in-service.

2 Likes

just to say that i wasn’t aware of this fork, but its great. keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Do you have a TB63100 to compare against this one too? :nerd_face:

I don’t.

Question, what sized bullets or connector did you use to connect the ESC to the motor? Since for a MR60 you will have to shove 2 wires into that 4mm bullet.

1 Like

ah, well that explains :joy:

1 Like

I used 12AWG wire, but I connected the phases together before the wires got to the MR60 exiting the enclosure.

(super stranded, silicone-insulated)

2 Likes

This firmware is now available here

4 Likes

I was just wondering if you know, where the word “Stubbie” of your deck originates from? It reminds me quite hard of a very beautiful german word :beer:

1 Like

The Alva Dogstar is a deck

The Alva Dogstar Stubbie is a different deck, I am guessing made from the same press and molds but chopped differently.

While I do like this deck, I feel like I probably like the Mike McGill Skull & Snake Series 10 Reissue deck a little bit better, as used on The Blue One. The PP OG Bug is a cool deck too.

3 Likes

Well then, prepare for some fun fact smart-ass knowledge about your board :nerd_face:

Stubbie describes a small bottle of beer (app. 330ml/11,15oz) which almost looks like an ordinary bottle was compressed somehow. So it fits the board perfectly if you ask me:

or

It is also known as Steinieform (less common here), according to wikipedia it was suggested as a successor to the steel tin after the prohibition after 1936. So maybe even still well-known in America? (an account given the gist of wikipedia.de)

Anyways, whenever you are offered a stubbi(e) by a random german dude in the summer at a park or so, this means he probably likes you (not in a creepy way, but in the bro wants to drink beer with another bro way) and you’ll get a nice, cold, “Pils” (the beer inside the Stubbie) which stays fresh and sparkling because it doesn’t survive very long because of its small size :drooling_face:

Wikipedia out :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Is it possible to still get those riser lights somewhere? Doesn’t seem to be on metroboard’s site

Prost

3 Likes