Bigfoot | TB130 | Dogstar Stubbie | Unity Super Single | 10S3P 30Q [SRO]

Awesome build, I always admire the high level of functionality you implement in your builds! :metal:t4::metal:t4:

1 Like

Just wild…
Love that wheel base.

1 Like

I usually average in the 20 - 25 mph range (32 - 40km/h) but frequently will roll at top speed, especially coming north on 4th street here locally, which is above 30mph (above 48km/h).

1 Like

These wheels rewrite the rules. Honestly, every day I feel more strongly about them. At first I chalked it up to just the “me like something new” feeling but I try to brush that off and see whether they’re actually better or not. Now, a few weeks later of riding both the TB110 and the TB130 every day, I feel like it’s a no brainer, I want the TB130.

I have a different duro of TB130 here (83A, nod to @ahrav) I’m going to try out shortly; there is a different board on my bench now. The often-forgotten “Red One” which is getting a makeover.

3 Likes

I’m still testing this out, it’s a new concept. It’s definitely not a tripping hazard for me; still evaluating whether it’s better than just a top handle as well.

1 Like

What purpose does it serve?

The outside dimensions of this prototype are 63mm diameter and 87mm length, excluding shaft apparatus

1 Like

The grabber? So you don’t have to bend down at all to pick up the skate off the street.

Just pop it with the tail, lift the grabber, and grab the handle.

I suppose you could also hang the skate off, say, a table edge or something using it. However, we’re in the Rona pandemic so there is none of that anymore, for now.

If anyone is wondering about the colors, this bottom left (in the photograph) wheel was the drive wheel during testing; I rotated the wheels. I usually rotate the wheels periodically on my single drives.

4 Likes

Wait are you only using half the Unity?

2 Likes

Nope, both sides driving the same motor.

5 Likes

That’s some Penis 2 energy

5 Likes

mega

1 Like

I guess you pair the AA BB CC phase leads? How do you know it won’t short out during detection?

The wiring diagram is in VariESC Tool.

M1 goes to M4
M2 goes to M5
M3 goes to M6

:warning: WARNING connecting them that way without the Super Single firmware installed WILL destroy your VESC right away.

7 Likes

Ohh you gotta run custom firmware, that makes more sense

Also I feel that firmwares name is calling me out :sob:

4 Likes

Truly bizarre that the drive wheel(s) discolor so much quicker than the non driven wheels

2 Likes

Amazing, the weirdest is that this board actually looks good, totally love it, and the white deck is just a perfect match

1 Like

It’s because I was burning out all the time loving the sheer amounts of power this thing has.

3 Likes

So hows that motor?