BIG CHONKAS | DIY Integrated deck | NeoHubs | Paris V3 Trucks | 10s3p 30Q | Focbox Unity

Fiberglass or CF will definitely be stronger.

I might do Fiberglass actually… it’s easier to apply a layer or two than gluing a veneer.

1 Like

awesome diy job brochacho. Didn’t @mikeg60d make a glove remote on his hot wheels build back on the dark side…? could that work?

Ah i think i have seen that, i’ll take a look and also, add it to the list!

1 Like

Ok let’s take a break from all that deck making.

I got a set of Paris V3 trucks. These look hella sick. I know the color is a tangent from my usual green themed builds, but I’ll find a way to incorporate some green into the build as I go. Paris has green trucks, but it’s more of a metallic sage green, I didnt really like those, so I got these red ones.

Hummies fit V2 baseplates, and the V3 is nearly identical. I’ll probably use the front hangar, and maybe paint the hummie hangar. We’ll see.

Ah, Riptide bushings, pivot cups, and riot plugs.

10 Likes

I wonder if the use of vantablack on the underside would help with a stealth approach.

3 Likes

No Bill…

The way to be stealth, is to not be stealth, if you get what i mean? :wink:

Big bright colors, because that’s how analog longboards and dancer boards are.

7 Likes

Yup, got it. Nothing to hide.

2 Likes

What about a futuristic solution where you have a head or shoulder sensor that controls speed based off of how far from center of the board the receiver is.

No throttle, just lean forward to accelerate and back to brake. Would automagically stop the board for you if you fell off too far sideways or behind. Like a onewheel gyro kinda tracking lean angle.

Would definitely have a learning curve and couldn’t be a huge top speed but would be mad stealthy. Transmitter could be a necklace or hidden in the helmet.

Get on it guys, I’m just the idea guy.

4 Likes

We’re gonna need a few years/decades to get this to work, great idea!

But i’m only a woodworker, we gon need the help of the great electronic gurus and engineers on this one.

2 Likes

I feel like your laws would hopefully change in the time this idea would take to make real :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Linny are there lots of push boards in Singapore? Are you gonna have to learn how to cross step? :wink:

Compared to E-scooters no, but there’s a sizable group that do longboard dancing in the city areas.

look i did a cross step back in 2016 on a dancer board, busted my ass and never did it again

5 Likes

Hopefully my dude. I stopped taking the bus to work and commuting to work on an esk8 takes me 25 mins where a bus averages 40~50 mins…

6 Likes

Oh my favorite woodworking joke:

On the other hand I have all my fingers

5 Likes

@Linny how long is each leg of your commute? Wouldn’t it be easier to make a stealth board with smaller hot swap batteries?

Work commute is about 7km.

I did not have hot swap in mind as once the lid goes on, i plan to cover it with grip tape, with no seams showing.

1 Like

There’s a German woodworker saying. You are not a true woodworker if you still have all ten!

7 Likes

You should use an induction charger for it too while you’re at it

1 Like

Different idea but Zboard made a weight sensing esk8. And there is Justin le who diyed a few prototypes too but that’s mad science level doc Brown.

Shows his prototypes at around 30:00 min mark and there is a demo at around 35:10
There are links in his description for a build thread.

4 Likes

I had thought weight first but that gets sketchy while balancing.

Then I thought a ring or watch transmitter but you use your arms a lot to balance.

It would be interesting to try out for sure.

2 Likes