BIG CHONKAS | DIY Integrated deck | NeoHubs | Paris V3 Trucks | 10s3p 30Q | Focbox Unity

Not with that phat ass hangar pfffffffft

You canā€™t really see the hanger unless you flip it over

1 Like

BTW all things considered Iā€™d probably go with the hummies. I really like the way they ride, and theyā€™re tough.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s why i decided to get it. I asked 20 people what they think of it, 18 replied to go for it.

1 Like

Only 18!

Thatā€™s like the toothpaste equivalent of esk8.

9/10 esk8ters recommend this!

8 Likes

Iā€™m hailing @hummieee so he can preen.

2 Likes

This ESK8 is mis-named.

Project CHONK

7 Likes

LOL thatā€™s the one

I have been thinking of names that link to a fat chub tub. This is perfect, may i?

2 Likes

Of course!

More inspiration:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Chonkers/

2 Likes

Iā€™ma fuse this with a similar meme and name it BIG CHONKAS

13 Likes

That law sucks. Hope you donā€™t get whipped because of esk8. :sweat_smile:

You should speak to @evoheyax about ways to make your board seem slimmer than it actually is, I remember that being a talking point on his thread for the Rocket Boards

1 Like

For the most part itā€™s just a style of edge taperā€¦give it a nice curve across the bottom with thin edges

1 Like

Dude that shop is so huge is that a school? Itā€™s so clean I wonder if it is not actually a store :crazy_face:.

Anyways, are you planning on power carving the concave and all by ā€œhandā€ as opposed to CNC?
If so Iā€™d like to see you tools, Iā€™d assume youā€™d be using a grinder with some arbortech disks or the other kind with the tooth all over, was it Lancelot? I am not sure.

Good job so far, following!!!

2 Likes

Thank you! This is at my workplace actually. Itā€™s a woodworking Makerspace.

4 Likes

10mm perimeter routed, 4mm deep. This will be for the lid to sit on flushed.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve seen it. Ridiculously nice and well-equipped space, and he has full run of the joint.

5 Likes

Time to start working on the concave. I tried with the Plunge router again but I figured it might start to get trippy as I get closer to the edge, so I went back to the table saw and cut a bunch of grooves to the shape of the concave, and then sanded it to the final curve.

Sanding with a sanding drum hooked to a drill

And bam.

Now I hear you ask, 'oh shit whaddya gonna do about the thin layers at the edge of the concave?

I plan to glue another layer of birch veneer over the top piece, which will hold all the layers in place. Also, Baltic Birch glue joints seem to be quite well bonded together so I have no worries on that.

Onto the belly! Time to round the chonk

12 Likes

I say skin it sender style, although I donā€™t know if just fabric will help holding the layers together like GF or CF would.