Best pneumatic tires?

Mostly asphalt but also some gravel and hard-packed dirt.

1 Like

this looks interesting. New Flat profile HOTAs x Acedeck collab…
Didn’t even know HOTA was actively looking at the esk8 market

7 Likes

After riding 6" clevers on bergs for a while I’m pretty convinced that the increased air volume because of the smaller hub but the same outer diameter is the golden ratio. The comfort is worth the higher rolling resistance. They really can take shit roads, huge cracks/potholes, chucks of 2x4’s.

I thought that when one went flat the sidewall stiffness would be an issue but because the bergs compress the clevers inward a good bit you can hobble just fine until you can fix it.

just my 2 cents.

3 Likes

Really like this tread pattern. Also, interesting would this be the first flat profile offered at 7 inches :thinking:. Now to wait and see if they’ll sell just the tires and tubes.

3 Likes

Totally agree. A 7" flat tread tires will be nice. Wonder if they need to be run on fat rims or standard ones.

3 Likes

Have a link to buy these 180x65mm HOTA tires? I don’t see them anywhere on Acedeck’s site. My newest build is kinda hobbled with a 4:1 ratio, I’d like all the torque I can get from smaller tires. 190s are fun, 180s should be torquier, 165s seem TOO small to me.

2 Likes

they’re not out yet. afaik they come out at the same time as the nomad, and I believe that’s due this month or the next.

1 Like

I really want these tires. Anyone know a definitive ETA?

1 Like

I like them on gravel but my only comparison would be kendas. I have the cleaver ones but haven’t installed them yet.

1 Like

For anyone else eagerly awaiting those 180mm flat profile hotas from Acedeck –

Should be any day now. Super excited to try these.

3 Likes

Still waiting to hear back from them on whether this is just the tire, or includes a tube also… will report back

$30/each isn’t so bad if tubes are included

2 Likes

So I heard back from Acedeck… this price is just for 1 tire, but they’re apparently vacuum tires, so no tubes needed.

Anyone have info on vacuum tires? Have they been used for our application before? Pros/cons?

1 Like

Meepo tubeless comes to mind

Linky link
https://forum.esk8.news/t/meepo-tubeless-wheel-system/71642

2 Likes

I guess I don’t even know how those work. Can they be used on other hubs?

Acedeck claims theirs will work with MBS style hubs…

I belive these are just tubeless tires but not tubless in the sense of most cyclists think. You wouldn’t need sealant or rim tape. So instead they are called vacuum tires to not conflate with tubless tires in the sense of bikes? So car tires basically I could be totally wrong.

1 Like

Same way a car tires work so they either have a special slide on hub with bead locking or they’re wanting people to use a tire lever to get them on and off their own hubs. Curious how a split mbs hub would work out

2 Likes

Tubeless vs airless makes a big difference lol

1 Like

Me too. Is it even airtight?

1 Like

Id have to guess they wouldnt. Air would leak out the splits.

1 Like

By curious, I secretly meant skeptical

3 Likes