Best pneumatic tires?

new.
these are white ones I dyed black.
I wonder if the hot water could have caused shrinkage.

they are not super loose in there…

but there is clicking as I roll…
and I suspect that to be the issue.

I used loctite a long time ago on a six shooter hub with a loose bearing and it worked.

but they are aluminum…

1 Like

How about using shim stock?

2 Likes

I wonder if I could get Teflon tape in there…

1 Like

well.
I am going to give it a try.
a couple wraps.
I can get the bearing in place and looks to me it still has the tape All around.

3 Likes

ah mine too! The bearings falls out just shaking the hub once.

1 Like

Someone needs to try these

@MoeStooge look these tires seem interesting
HOTA manufacturer :thinking:

3 Likes

They do look really interesting, only 169 too. I wonder how much shipping is

2 Likes

I like the look of them tyres. You can’t buy them separately though? You have to get the hubs and pulleys too? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

When i get paid ill pretend i have a hurricane and ask if i can buy some spare tires x)

4 Likes

Has anyone tried these 6" tires from Hota?

They are the ones Onsra use for their AT boards. They claim the tube works for Evolve’s 155mm wheels too, so I guess they’re standard size.

I’m tempted to pick up a set, dunno where else to get tires smaller than 8" in the EU.

5 Likes

Worlds most expensive folding guitar stand :joy:

8 Likes

They look great, couldn’t find them on Aliexpress or alibaba though.

1 Like

Did you like the tires and hubs? Which pulley did you buy to adapt? Where do I find?

Bought pulley from them.
:flushed: haven’t ridden these yet :disappointed:
That project got sidelined and is still waiting for me to finish it :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Has anyone tried these tires from Meepo? They are available to buy!

Not until we can buy the tires separately. Spending that much is expensive if you don’t also want the hubs

1 Like

After scouring every tyre I could find from hota, sunmate, trampa etc etc I settled on the 6x2 clever tyres. There are heaps of knockoffs of these so they have to be the real ones which are high TPI. Then I made the lightest and strongest wide rims for them

Have been recently testing the setup directly against the XCELL tyres as well, and these are outperforming. The rotational weight feels like it makes a very big difference for accelerating and braking. The tyres are also the only ones I’ve found to stay true at high speed with a tight fitting rim, the xcells were also good but since they are so hard when they aren’t true it is much worse. Xcell setup here:

18 Likes

Loe some wide rimssss :hot_face:

Also those 6x2 look stretched as fuck, you need some 6x3 :rofl:

2 Likes

The Clever tires look like they have a pretty flat profile. Its good to know there are clones of these tires. I remember Psychotiller using 6x3" for a while. Would be interesting to try those on your rims.

1 Like