Best pneumatic tires?

Haha yeah I tested them to the perfect amount of stretch so the hub doesn’t stick out of the bead. It’s about 58mm :hot_face:

2 Likes

I haver some 60mm tanukis coming up too :sunglasses:

3 Likes

What are they?

Just wider versions of the CF hub I’m currently buildung

1 Like

Does anyone have any experience as to whether tread pattern makes a difference? This one seller offers 3 different street tread patterns, and I’m curious whether one is better than the other. Supposedly they’re Hota, Kenda, and CST, but who knows if they’re legit.

B to D will have no discernible difference whatsoever. A will obv. feel very different.

1 Like

Am I crazy? There are 4 tires there right? Not 3?

1 Like

Ftfy

1 Like

Yes, thank you. :man_facepalming:

Yeah, but only 3 are really street tires. The knobbly doesn’t count.

Ok I am crazy, there are 4 tires, and the one I would pick is off the table. Gotcha.

So there’s no difference in wear or grip characteristics? For example D seems to have thicker/sharper sidewalls and more overall rubber area compared to the others, while the Kenda profile has a channel dead center, where the contact pressure should be greatest.

They are very comparable, yes. Pick the one you like the most optics wise, and thats it. If you often ride in wet weather I’d pick D, but even thats a stretch.

1 Like

That would probably make any of these options better for esk8. They all look to be suited to inline wheel configurations (scooters/bikes) not quad configs (esk8/cars)

thats only true to an extend, but generally yes. XCell tires are pretty nice, and would actually make a difference. Mostly increased consumption though lmao

Not really, the Kendas are widely used on mtbs and are basically the same as the MBS roadie, same as those CST ones.

Tires expand when you put them on wheels, obviously deflated they’ll look thin

This does not mean “best suited”

Right… So you’re saying that there isn’t a single street carver or Lacroix board out there with correct tires on it

1 Like

I have some MBS T3’s I like them a lot, I also switch out to Kenda k909’s so far I like those too.

I haven’t had any others tires but so far in my riding time both seem to be great option IMO

1 Like

That’s not at all what I’m saying. They’re using tires that make financial and logistical sense. I’m saying a rounded profile isn’t as ideal for street esk8 as a flat profile would be.