Best pneumatic tires?

You must have decent roads.
By decent i mean without broken glass bottles, nails, thorns everywhere

1 Like

Does no one here slime their tires? I have never had a flat, riding stock bergs or the lacroix CST tires. Thousands of miles. Shit roads, glass, thorns, you name it.

Now I’ve gone and jynxed myself, but still.

2 Likes

This is my experience with every single other tire I’ve used so I couldn’t justify sliming tubes just to get them rideable.

Seeing someone change a slimey berg flat didn’t help the case.

4 Likes

Fair enough. I have never rode an esk8 tire without slime, so i guess I am paranoid :grin:

3 Likes

Put slime on all 4 bergs, they just ooze out and leave green mucus all over once they puncture. Then at some point they just poof and never hold pressure again.
I haven’t bothered with the replacement tubes

They are also quite unbalanced at low speed with slime in

Strange, I had always heard that slime can help to balance a tire because of centripetal force, and that has been my experience with it.

Did you let them sit for a long time after you slimed them? I think in the instructions it says to ride the tires immediately after applying the slime, so it spreads out into the tire or tube.

3 Likes

Not angular momentum?

1 Like

Never ridden with slime. Only experience was 6x2 Ali tires for 6 months. I loved them.

2 Likes

It spreads but slime does have viscosity after all.
They balance out around 30km/hr and start working toward perfect balance at 60km/hr+.
And yes, i do use the thinner bike slime version. The car type would be horrible but would patch holes more reliably

1 Like

Ah, good catch. Centripetal force is the force pulling an object along a circular path. I guess I meant “centrifugal force”, the not-a-force pulling an object away from it’s axis of rotation resulting from it’s inertia.

1 Like

That’s strange. I wonder why you and I have such different experiences with the same product :thinking:

I don’t see how this radial force helps with balancing? You don’t mean angular momentum? :joy:

What I meant here is that centrifugal forces pull the slime to the outside of the rotating wheel, and flows to any low spots, helping to balance the wheel. I dont really know if that’s something that actually happens, but my anecdotal experience says that this is the case.

4 Likes

Ahh now I understand what you mean. Like to fill any crevices I’m the unevenness of the shape of the inside of the outer tire.

I thought you meant like when the tires spins fast then it spreads the slime evenly around the tube which makes the average density around the tire more uniform and to that I’d say it wouldn’t really make a difference unless the slime is very heavy (a decent fraction of the tire weight) to help average out weight imbalance in the tire.

2 Likes

I use ceramic beads in my tubes to achieve this. Slime is messy and I just keep spare tubes on me.

1 Like

hey kids.
figured I can try and ask this here.

Mbs fivestar hubs.

anyone have them and notice the bearings are kinda loose?

I think I have that happening on my Haero build.

looking for recommendation on that to wrap around the bearings for a better fit.

was kinda thinking of starting with kapton tape.

5 Likes

They are loose on my rockstar hubs too and i used kapton tape as advised by someone else here.

1 Like

Brand new or well loved? Mine fit a bit loose after I had a crash but were normal before.

2 Likes

Mine are loose-ish as well. I tried kapton tape a few times and hit helped for a few rides but it came un-done. I wrapped the bearings though, maybe if you wrap the hubs and press the bearings in it will hold better?

I always wondered if anyone had tried retaining compound on sloppy bearing seats. Loctite retaining compounds tech data sheets essentially say “try first, may work may not” for plastic